W210 E320 Indicators flashing

Russell_Allen

Reaction score
When I lock my 1997 W210 E320 shortly afterwards the indicators all start to flash really fast and the interior light comes on. I have found other threads on here that say this is the alarm siren but none mentioned the interior light. Is this the problem or could it be one of the door or boot/bonnet switches ?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Russell Allen

A

andy@pcd-ltd

First thing i would do is get it stuck on a star machine and get the fault codes and what the last alarm activation was read out. As this will give you a better idea of what is going on and also you can check the actual values of the alarm system so you can check in a few seconds if the door or bonnet is open

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
hello russell, the above advice is great. to add to it, if you want to do a little free investigation, check the pse unit. if you lift the rear seat, under the driver's side near the battery is a foam case containing a large black plastic unit with wires and plastic pipes to it. if you disconnect all the electrical plugs on it you may see signs of damp or corrosion in there. equally likely are any signs of damp around the outside of the unit. if you see the above issues this suggests the unit is likely to be damaged and could be causing your problems.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the inside lamp comes on, that would suggest that the car has unlocked itself, so looks like damp got in, but why not unplug the siren and try it

Bill_H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 W212 Bluetec 2013
Check the siren unit

Same problem exactly. After locking with the remote the indicators flash rapidly.
It was the siren unit mounted in the front wing, (under the plastic wheel arch shield drivers side) removed the siren and all OK except it doesnt have a siren of course. You'll need a security torx bit to remove the siren - I bought a set from machine mart for £7. Nw siren is about £70 I think - easy job.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom