W210 (Facelift) Mirrors

bigredbus

Reaction score
Having hit a tree with my N/S mirror whilst avoiding someone, I find my repeater no longer works. I understand that, if you have a repeater in the mirror, it must work for the MOT. A few questions

1) Is the repeater in the shell or attached to the frame ?
2) Does the 7 pin connector fit the 9 pin connector (I can do without powerfold and w/o powerfold is 7 pin (with powerfold is 9 pin)
3) Does the cover shell come off the same as the pre-facelift E-class mirror
4) Is the repeater a set of LEDs ?

Thanks,

Sion

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have fitted a set of these to my C43 folding and dimming option,
To answer your questions,
1, Repeater is in the shell, shell has to be removed and the repaeter is fitted via two small torx headed screws on the inside of the mirror shell.
2, Regarding the 7 pin/9 pin compatibility not sure but my experience MB electrics and retro fitting various items, would tell me no they would,nt fit.
3, The cover comes of in a very similar way, except that it is,nt a thin metal spring clip but a stainless clip you have to release when the mirror is folded back.
4, Not 100% sure wether they are LED's or not, but the repaeter unit cannot be taken apart so if they were bulbs you would,nt be able to change them
Incidently these units are meant to be quite cheap.
Hope this is of some help.

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E230 Estate 1997 P reg in Silver & Navy Chrylser PT Cruiser with all the chrome
Can a normal non indicator mirror be modified to have the indicators fitted on a 1997 E230 ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes they can and quite a few have done it, the hardest job is the wiring

scorpio stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E230 Estate 1997 P reg in Silver & Navy Chrylser PT Cruiser with all the chrome
Any posts on here ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Any posts on here ?

I did it on a 129 back in 2005 and put the details up,,there could be 1 or 2 post on here for a 210 if you do a search

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have done this to my AMG (mirrors on a 210 & 202 are the same) I put late 210 mirrors on mine. The only thing is the wiring as you will need to take your original plugs off of your mirrors and put them on the later mirrors then simply splice into the indicator wiring in the respective footwell and run the cables to the mirror plug.

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
1) Is the repeater in the shell or attached to the frame ?

Part of the mirror shell, but is replaceable.

2) Does the 7 pin connector fit the 9 pin connector (I can do without powerfold and w/o powerfold is 7 pin (with powerfold is 9 pin)

Why change the whole mirror?

3) Does the cover shell come off the same as the pre-facelift E-class mirror

Yes.

4) Is the repeater a set of LEDs ?

Bulbs.

A new unit is about £25 from MB.

OP
B

bigredbus

Reaction score
Update on W210 facelift mirrors

Thanks for your help.

Here's some more info.

To remove the mirror shell on facelift W210 mirrors, there's a stainless clip. Fold the mirror and look inside at the bottom of the mirror (use a torch to see more clearly). The stainless clip has a rectangle embossed in it. Use a screwdriver to lift the clip up. Straighten the mirror and pull the cover off. The repeater self aligns and fits via a 2 pin plug onto the connector on the mirror body. As has been said, the repeater is held with 2 torx screws onto the mirror shell. To put the shell back on, the clip needs to be set back into position. Slight pressure on the clip sets it back in place. Put mirror back into open position. Put shell back on and give it a quick whack with your hand on the end to seat the clip. Voila.

Replacement mirror bodies can be found at many sites, such as Dronsfields. Lucas make a replacement mirror. Prices of mirrors range from about £125 to £160 for full powerfold with memory and auto-dipping. There are some non-powerfold ones available on e-bay for £49.

My existing mirror, whilst still being in place has broken the bottom hinge and the force of the blow was sufficient to make the drive for the powerfold jump out of its housing without any damage to the motor or drive cogs!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom