W210 heated seat

madbenz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes e220 cdi w210
Hi, i have a w210 e220 cdi fitted with heated seats for some reason the drivers heated seat doesnt work the passenger side works fine any idea what the problem could be.

thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Either a broken wire going to the heating pad or the pad is open circuit, this is the normal, do an ohm check would confirm that the fault was in the pad, there is a connector under the seat to test from, it checking the voltage going to the seat, do not forget that this is a pulsed supply and it is better read on the ac settings on a meter.

The seat pad is sewn it the leather , and it is possible to remove it to check, it it is a broken wire then that can be repaired

LYNALL

Reaction score
I replaced the heated pads in mine with a waeko kit from e bay, cost approx £50, both my back and base had packed up.

Easy to remove seat from car quite a bit harder to take it to pieces, you cant remove the old pad as its actually sewn to the leather itself, i just slit the back of the old pad and fed the new pad in between the leather and the old pad, very fiddly and tight.

Forgot to take any pics! do a search for heated seats one here or mbclub loads of info out there.

Lynall

Top Bottom