w210 - Replacing Audio 10 unit with a non-Mercedes brand

Filipp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E200 Kompressor W210 2001
Dear All,

I bought my Mercedes with an original Audio 10 CD player. Its great for radio and the fact that you can navigate it from the steering wheel - but it does not cope with this century and doesn't even want to read recorded CDs, not to mention MP3s.

So I have an Alba unit from my previous car which reads MP3s and has an AUX inlet.

I tried replacing yesterday. I have the special audio 10 removal keys and also purchased an antenna convertor plug - so far so good.

The original mercedes cables are a dual male connector for the stereo, a single male connector (this was left disconnected, supportingly for the steering navigation) and an antenna connector.

All these fitted perfectly - but the ****** unit did not want to work. Power is going into it as when i pressed the CD eject button I could hear the CD spinning and the display went on for about 2 seconds - after which it said 'goodbye' and went off. I am confident that my Alba unit is fully functional.

What am I doing wrong?

A guy on ebay advised that "Constant live(positive wire) and Ignition live (positive wire) on Mercedes tend to the wrong way round for after market stereo". Whatever that means.

Can somebody help as I want my music on in this beautiful starship of mine :)

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have heard of this before, radios require a all time live lead for the memory back up, this feed only draws about 3 ma. the main feed comes from the ignition switch

Do a google search for Audio 10 pin outs and do the same with your Alba, you can then change the wires over.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom