W210 retrofit heated seats & parktronic etc?

stu1765

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance 1998
Would anyone know whether a W210 originally supplied without some of the factory options such as heated seats, parktronic and pneumatic orthopaedic lumbar adjust would have the "looms" in place?

I ask this as I am considering using my existing car which has these options already fitted (but very high engine miles) as a donor and installing them in another W210 if I purchased one of the same year but far less mileage?

Thanks

Stu

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You will have to keep the wiring harnesses as the are not pre wired, same with the the switch banks etc

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
If it is pre fitted with the looms I would be extremely surprised, my AMG all the looms are separate.
But as you have a donor vehicle you are halfway there, just swap all the looms from one to the other as long as both vehicles are of similar age you should,nt have a problem.

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Probably easier to swap an engine / drivetrain than sod about with the electrics?

OP
S

stu1765

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance 1998
Thanks, on reflection just swapping an engine/transmission does seem to be the best option.

Either way its quite daunting.........may contact an independent for an engine swap. I have the chance of a donor vehicle (albeit a 280 engine).

What do you all reckon would be a reasonable charge for an engine swap??

Stu

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that you are getting into deep water thinking about changing the engine, forget it.

You could sell your car, and it will sell and get a car what you want with all of the things that you would like.

All of is a nightmare if this is not the sole thing in your life, many have started these things and they never work very well

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom