W210 shaking / shudder

steve_k243

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Sport/2016 BMW 520d (dark side for a couple of years)
Hi peeps.

I have searched for the answer to this one, and I hope it's simply wheel balance.
The car shakes quite badly at 75+ getting worse with speed. There is a hint of shake at 40-50.
Feels like it's coming from the rear.

Engine mounts appear ok, and there is no noise from the prop or diff.

I have a newly refurbished set of alloys from an A'garde of the same year so will get them fitted/balanced.
Question is does anyone know A-any other likely causes and B-where I can get the wheels changed and balanced by someone who can do it properly! I live in South Herts.

I had a quick peek at the Lexus forum and several there mentioned on car balancing or finding a fitter who does Supercars.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is 90% sure to be a wheel balance fault, the prop shaft center bearing could be worn and easy to check, many firms like qikfit cannot do it well

LYNALL

Reaction score
Jack up each wheel in turn and check it for out of round or any damage, by spinning, make sure to chock other wheels!

Lynall

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
as Malcolm. either wheelbalance or propshaft centre bearing. however it could also be a lump on a tyre where a tyres carcass is starting to de-laminate (more common than you would think!) or (very unlikely or you would know you had banged one recently) a buckled wheel. you can check for tyre de-lamination by jacking up and spinning the wheels. a de-laminating tyre will have a visible lump on it as it spins!

OP
steve_k243

steve_k243

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Sport/2016 BMW 520d (dark side for a couple of years)
Thanx all

Will do the wheel swap this week and have my usual mechanic do the centre bearing and rear subframe bushes for peace of mind.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Hi

Change one wheel at a time to see if you can find the problem one. Some muppet tyre fitters do not balance rear wheels socheck that they have even been balanced. A wheel with a kink in it can be balanced on a machine but from experience will cause vibration on the road.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom