W211 270cdi service "d"

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Hi Gents,
My E270 CDI has now covered 29,800mls and the service indicator tells me that a Service D is due in 4,800mls,:( does anyone have the average cost of this service, and if possible could someone tell me what needs done during the D service interval.:wink:

Many thanks for any replies.

Alfie B

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Until the dealers put the info of the car/milage into the EES (electronic service sheet) computer, it would be guessing, it might be a small sevice or a major!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As per above, go to your dealer and with the car details they should be able to tell you how much they will empty your wallet by. Once you've finished laughing tell them that you don't wish to buy another car just have yours serviced... Or failing that ask for a discount on labour as your car is >3 yrs old and that you want to maintain MB servicing but would they pls give you a discount as you would be ever so grateful.

DougCLK320

Reaction score
The letters are cunningly designed to describe the pain of the bill.
Starting with the cheapest ‘A’….

‘A’ Service – Cost: An arm and a leg (just one of each)

‘B’ Service – Cost: Bloodlettingly expensive

‘C’ Service – Cost: Crippling

And finally,

‘D’ Service – Cost: Destitution looms…

In fact, whenever someone books their car in for a 'D' service, the dealership throws a party.
Doug

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
Nice one guys ha ha,:rolleyes: I suppose I will have to sell the wife,s car to pay for it then,:p oh well at least mine should go better he he.:D

Alfie B

rml

Reaction score
D Service

My E 320 Sport is due for a D service at 22000 ( Friday 17th April). I did ask how much is was going to be, I gave them mileage etc and they said around £500 plus.......I thought I was going to pass out, after I got my speech back I said it was a bit on the high side, the lady said, mockingly, thats what you get for owning a Mecedes, cheek.
She did ask how I was going to pay, I said tupence down then a penny a week, this went straight over her head. They told me they don't take cheques! I am thinking of taking cash in small denominations!:-(

OP
ALFIEBEARD

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
My E 320 Sport is due for a D service at 22000 ( Friday 17th April). I did ask how much is was going to be, I gave them mileage etc and they said around £500 plus.......I thought I was going to pass out, after I got my speech back I said it was a bit on the high side, the lady said, mockingly, thats what you get for owning a Mecedes, cheek.
She did ask how I was going to pay, I said tupence down then a penny a week, this went straight over her head. They told me they don't take cheques! I am thinking of taking cash in small denominations!:-(

Ha Ha Classic:D,
How can they justify that costing at only 22,000mls.suppose thats what you get for owning a Mercedes. oops.;) I agree take a couple of buckfulls of 10p pieces.
Regards
Alfie B

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
For my latest "C" service the price started out at £670 I paid them £390 or £280 less than they initially asked for. Being a paid up member of the MBOA (owners of this site) means that most MB dealerships give discount. You can also ask for discount if your car is over 3 years old although I had that as well and mine is just over 2.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The dealers will not take cash, they all have a card on the desk to this effect

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Dealers quote what they feel they can get away with. Its an opening gambit in the negotiation. I haven't paid list for a couple of years now. Its also worth ringing a couple of dealers and a couple of indies and if you do want to use the dealer, quote the indie price and challenge them to match it.
Last service - E270 CDi A service (all the filters done last time) = initial price £240...and whats my discount? - Sorry Sir? - you always give me a discount, oh -ok - £200. So 16% off for the asking. You can also save a packet by providing your own oil but I haven't mustered up enough cheek yet.

stevepitts

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270Cdi
E270CDi D Service

Its worth chcking with your dealer what work was carried out last time. I phoned around a few independents for a quote but as they don't have access to the cars history they were quoting me for a B service plus some extras (brake fluid change, air filter, fuel filter). Average quoted price was £510-30. When I checked with the dealer it only needed a minor service plus fuel filter. The service was £180 all inc plus £75 plus VAT for the filter.

It worked out as half the price going with the main dealer plus I keep the MB 30 yr breakdown cover which I would have had to add to my total costs.

It goes to show that dealers can sometimes be the cheaper option!!

Last edited:

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Hello Steve.
may i ask, how did they calculate what items were needed? did they interrogate the instrument cluster to retrive the workshop code? did they look in your service book? or did they just use the MB ESS to generate the schedule?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom