W211 320CDI tuning

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hello All,

A random thread but I want to gather some information on above topic.

I have recently heard an Audi 2.5TDI with some tasty engine upgrades and it sounded superb. Now thinking I want that GRUNT from my 320cdi. Surely it should be doable seeing as mine is V6. I have already done remap and power is very good but i am sure there is more that can be done.

Has anyone here done any engine/exhaust upgrades to make the diesel sound better? If so, please share.

I know for most its a no go area but I feel the engine noise doesnt reflect the grunt the car holds.

Cheers in advance
Amo

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good morning,

Of course it depends on how far the tuning company has gone on fuelling, boost and limiters ect!!! However exhaust systems will help slightly if done correctly due to greater flow out the back of the car. DPF removal and EGR disable will also help with power gains.

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Thank Anthony.

I am thinking DPF delete however heard some horror stories with car going to LIMP mode etc. Can you give me more info please? How much power am i likely to see from DPF delete and what long term implications i could face.

Also what exhuast systems are available for this engine and what kinda sound i could have from these?

Many Thanks

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good afternoon,

EDC16 CP31 is the management that your vehicle runs and DPF removal through the software is fairly straight forward. It will only limp through DPF removal if they have not got rid of the structures correctly. As far as exhaust goes we don't often get premade systems we have exhaust systems made for the vehicle. This works out a lot cheaper and you get exactly what you want.

As far a noise goes you get the V6 burble and the free flowing boost makes the vehicle sound like a jet fighter!!!

Power gains on a stock vehicle with power tuning, DPF removal and EGR delete we would expect to see 55-60 BHP and 110-115 NM of torque. MPG should also increase on like for like driving due to the massive exhaust restriction that will be removed.

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Can you PM me some prices please?

I have a custom map already in place but i think yours will need to be re-done!

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Anyone else with any experience on 320cdi engine?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom