W211 E270 CDI - How to replace heater shut-off valve?

ippyiain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 CDI
Hi All

My 2003 E270 CDI has stopped blowing hot air through the vents irrespective of the setting on the heater controls. Looks like the heater shut-off valve motor and I have tried the "give it a good tap" fix mentioned in several threads but hasn't worked. Now our brief summer is over i dont want to suffer hypothermia in the car so looks like a replacement motor is needed.

Does anyone have a guide/worksheet they could send me that shows how to do this plesae?

I can find one from a WIS but that is for LHD car... irritatingly simple unlike the RHD !

Looks like the master cylinder has to be moved on mine and with the SBC I am a bit uncertain about any particular nasty catches with this. Can't see a way of doing it without moving the master cylinder that wont involve broken arms and disclocated wrists!

If possible I would like to do myself but, before I chicken out and take it to be done by a local indie I would just like to check that it is beyond sensible DIY.

Thanks in advance !

Cheers
Iain

OP
I

ippyiain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 CDI
Hi Malcolm

Tried gentle tap through to good whack and no result ... Think it's knackered.

Thanks for this... It's the snip I had from WIS

I guess what I should have asked is how I remove the reservoir and brake unit to get enough room to replace the shut off motor.

I looked at WIS and there seems to be two options but not sure which is really needed... And needless to say it doesn't say anything about a cut down DIY approach :)

Do I have to disassemble the reservoir from the BOU and then the BOU itself with all the draining of fluid etc... Or is it possible to gain enough room by undoing the BOU mount bolts by the pedal, removing the pedal then moving the whole unit a bit to one side?

I'm concerned trying to do it the second way might damage the rigid brake pipes. If it needs to be done by draining the fluid etc then I will take it Alex Crow as I don't fancy doing that and ending up with an SBC fault !

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is a pig of a job and you do need the clix clamp removing tools, the reservoir can be just lifted from what I understand

OP
I

ippyiain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 CDI
It is a pig of a job and you do need the clix clamp removing tools, the reservoir can be just lifted from what I understand
Thanks Malcolm... I might save the hassle and book it in with Alex !

Cheers

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom