W211 E270 gearbox oil change

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
To be honest the 270 is a peach of an engine to work on once you get to know your way around it. I still miss my old car and would love to see it again.

OP
motocod

motocod

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E270 2005, ex W124 300CE 1989
I've had mine almost 5 years, and aside from discs, springs, and a leaky diff seal it's been absolutely brilliant. Completely and utterly dependable, and just gets on with it. Best car I've ever owned. Even with minimal maintenance (having children is expensive!) it just keeps going. It's 100 miles shy of 150k now, of which 90k I've done, and I've really loved it. I'll keep it until it dies, which hopefully won't be for another 5 years or so!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Same here, I had mine for 6 years, did a bit over 110k miles and lived it too, recently found out that it’s back on the road which is good to see. Like you mine never had anything really wrong, water pump was a little noisy so that was changes, shock absorbers, springs, one of the front arms and then general maintenance, it just kept going.
Only reason I sold it was due to company rules, my car was the oldest and least economical in the fleet so it had to be changed, really regretted seeing the car go and hated that it must have been sat in a field for almost 2 years till it was bought back to the road.
There is something special about them that’s for sure, like I say that OM647 engine is cracking and will just keep going.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom