W211 E270cdi boost issues

Gmeecham

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 e270cdi
This is my first post so please bear with me

Starting from the beginning. I had a problem with my E270 where the EGR valve came up on diag (p0404). Took off and cleaned thoroughly. Took on test drive and seemed to work ok until a long drive (30+ miles).

Back on the diag, now comes up with 2359-1 (low boost pressure), overfuels and kicks black smoke out constantly. When codes are cleared car works perfectly barre the smoking and overfueling until up to operating temperature and speed over 75mph then hits limp mode. Running diag shows at the point of fault EGR valve shuts off but actuates normally pre-fault. All other sensors are working (although using launch EasyDiag with benz software) so can't see tolerances. Oh also no eml comes on which wouldn't expect to

Changed map sensor but then came up with map sensor on diag so returned to original after some delicate cleaning. (Possibly faulty sensor but unsure)

No visible splits in hoses just the regular oil seepage from the turbo to intercooler hose. Intercooler seems in good condition. Recently changed all filters with OE equivalent (purflux) and low saps oil MB approved oil.

Really scratching my head on this as all of this (to me) points to an electronic fault (as only faults under specific parameters) and trying to avoid seldom changing sensors. Originally I was just going to have the EGR valve deleted and mapped out but if there is another underlying fault I don't want to needlessly waste money.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction or even provide me with the normal values I would be very thankful as this fault is slowly driving me mad and trying to avoid taking it to a garage as I am quite mechanically minded

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Launch is useless for in depth Benz diagnostic.

I have the diag X451 and Launch Pro for Asian vehicles and its very good for those especially reprogramming ABS systems.

A MB Star session would be highly recommended especially on road test under load.

I have had similar problems related to the turbo causing boost problems like yours, stuck actuator or stuck vanes.

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom