w211 e320 2003 - 2 leads coming from the positive terminal of the main battery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 cd1 2003 w211
Hi
I have been trying to do a parasitic drain test which has been fun because the normaal disconnect the negative terminal and put multi meter in series with the earth and the negative terminal just kept blowing the fuse in the meter. Anyway I have now figured out how to do it now.
The point of the post is that i have a .2 amp draw, i have pulled all the fuses and this .2 amp draw does not go away.
My battery has 2 leads which leave the positive terminal. The only time it goes if I disconnect the smaller of the 2 leads. The multimeter then shows 0
Can someone tell me where this smaller lead goes and what does it feed
Thanks in anticipation

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
I don't know if this facility is a feature on your particular model but there are Jump Start connections made available outside the battery compartment on some models usually in the engine compartment, the +ve terminal under a red sliding cover and the -ve is a copper pillar close by. the +ve connection usually fed with the smaller of the two cables from the main battery.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 cd1 2003 w211
Hi
Thanks very much
I think I will unbolt the smaller lead and see f it affects anything. If it doesn't it may be helpful for people searching for a parasitic draw

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 cd1 2003 w211
Update
disconnected the smaller cable and it cut off the power to car so when the key was put in the ignition the car was dead

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Update
disconnected the smaller cable and it cut off the power to car so when the key was put in the ignition the car was dead
Watch this video it will explain how to find the drain it includes charts to show the current drain on a fuse without removing it. If you just go around disconnecting things all you'll do is waken up other systems which will give you a false reading.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 cd1 2003 w211
Thanks very much

Ambrown31

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 e320 cdi
I have this same problem. Did you find out where the smaller positive battery cable goes?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom