W211 E320CDI - Convenience Features. Yeah, right.

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
I've got a few problems with some of the convenience features on the car. They only work sometimes!

1 - Seat / Steering column. Although the right option is set on the menu, when I remove the key, only the steering column moves. The electric controls on seat work OK when I adjust them.

2 - Passenger mirror dropping on reverse. Again, set to activate on the menu. Followed the instructions in the manual to the letter and never works when I engage reverse. When I tried this, the mirror adjusted in all axes fine.

3 - Passenger mirror adjustment. However, today, the passenger mirror will not adjust up and down. Left and right is OK and will adjust up and down when the mirror is folded in.

Any clues please? Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I've got a few problems with some of the convenience features on the car. They only work sometimes!

1 - Seat / Steering column. Although the right option is set on the menu, when I remove the key, only the steering column moves. The electric controls on seat work OK when I adjust them.

If the seat is set too far back for normal driving, then it will not go back on this feature. You can prove the point by putting the seat all the way forward

2 - Passenger mirror dropping on reverse. Again, set to activate on the menu. Followed the instructions in the manual to the letter and never works when I engage reverse. When I tried this, the mirror adjusted in all axes fine.

The mirror adjust swtch must be pre selected for it to dip in reverse
3 - Passenger mirror adjustment. However, today, the passenger mirror will not adjust up and down. Left and right is OK and will adjust up and down when the mirror is folded in.

Any clues please? Thanks.

You have a broken wire in the housing, this happens when the mirrors a folded in each time the car locks

OP
Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Malcolm,

TYVM for the reply. I checked the selector switch when trying to get the mirror to dip and it was correctly selected. Nothing. Nada.

As for the wire in the housing, how easy is that to fix? That is - how easy to whip off the housing?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can send you the mirror details to remove the cover.

Has the dipping function ever worked

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom