w211 e320cdi front brakepads

nicky11

Reaction score
hi guys any thing i needto know any help greatly appreciated on how to change them

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
You will need to deactivate the SBC pump, else you will loose your fingers..

Do this by either plugging into computer, disconnecting batteries (x2) or pull the plug off the pump.

After doing the above, pump the pedal 15 times to take pressure out of system.

You may be well advised to leave this to a mechanic.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The brakes are standard apart from the SBC.
We did say at one time that just by pulling the plug that this would be a safe way as its part of the MB training programs on SBC,, but when pulling plugs from a live circuit is not a good idea as the SBC is on the wake up lines.
By disconnecting both batteries if you have 2 is a safe way to do it. push the pedal a few times to release any pressure.

OK you may have to reset the window and roof if fitted,,but that only takes minutes

Uzy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I decided to use a local fast fit outfit ( a well known national chain ) to replace the front brake discs and pads on my 2003 E302cdi ( W211 ) recently - it transpires that they didnt deactivate the SBC and I now have a problem with the position of the brake piston on front passenger side !
I will be taking in to a MB dealer to be corrected - any idea what I'm looking at here ?
I will of course be claiming the cost back from the aforementioned local outfit !
Many thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Unfortunately I decided to use a local fast fit outfit ( a well known national chain ) to replace the front brake discs and pads on my 2003 E302cdi ( W211 ) recently - it transpires that they didnt deactivate the SBC and I now have a problem with the position of the brake piston on front passenger side !
I will be taking in to a MB dealer to be corrected - any idea what I'm looking at here ?
I will of course be claiming the cost back from the aforementioned local outfit !
Many thanks.

I am not sure,but I think that this may be possibly corrected on STAR

Uzy

Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply - fingers crossed it will be straightforward !

Uzy

Reaction score
Just a quick note to say thanks for the replies. Now have "correct" disks and pads fitted, care of MBTech at Warrington. Mike - I had already booked in with MB Tech before I saw your reply re SPR - thanks anyway.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the update and pleased that it all went well in the end.

I can see someone at firms like kwikfit getting their fingers chopped on these cars

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Thanks for the update and pleased that it all went well in the end.

I can see someone at firms like kwikfit getting their fingers chopped on these cars

id not wish that on anyone. however if they dont have adequate knowledge and skills to do the job (as a so called 'professional') then IMO they are working in the wrong trade :shock::shock: who would be held accountable in such a situation? the employer through lack of training? the fitter for not taking the correct precautions? or even not knowing there are precautions to take!

TBH i dont like the idea of a system that can apply the brakes almost whenever it feels like it and needs the pump to be replaced every few years after the pedal has been pressed x amount of times! when the car is 8 or 10 or more years old, who is going to go to that expense anyhow? i think that in an older car, say 12 years old, the pump will cost more than the car, wont be replaced and is just an accident waiting to happen :shock::shock:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom