W211 estate back seat removal - help!

Hopetoun

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Having owned a 2003 w211 for over a year which ran faultlessly, I have recently purchased a 2006 facelift estate version.
The car was in need of a bit of love and the half leather interior had seen better days. Having procured a full black leather interior including door cards from ebay, I started looking today how to actually fit the thing.
The front seats look straight forward enough with just the 4 bolts and the seatbelt to remove, before swapping the wiring loom.
The door cards again look relatively straight forward and the back seat base is a doddle. However, I cannot for the life of me see how to remove the seatbacks. Can anyone help please?
Are there any other obvious pitfalls that I need to be aware of?
Look forward to any help that can be given.
Thanks,
Neil.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have sent you an Email. Quite a few things to remove first.

Treacle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e320cdi estate
Having owned a 2003 w211 for over a year which ran faultlessly, I have recently purchased a 2006 facelift estate version.
The car was in need of a bit of love and the half leather interior had seen better days. Having procured a full black leather interior including door cards from ebay, I started looking today how to actually fit the thing.
The front seats look straight forward enough with just the 4 bolts and the seatbelt to remove, before swapping the wiring loom.
The door cards again look relatively straight forward and the back seat base is a doddle. However, I cannot for the life of me see how to remove the seatbacks. Can anyone help please?
Are there any other obvious pitfalls that I need to be aware of?
Look forward to any help that can be given.
Thanks,
Neil.
Does anyone still have this guide they can send me?

MJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'09 S211 E220 Cdi manual - 216k miles and counting
Does this help? I could not work out how to extract from WIS as one document, hence 4 pictures.

Martin.

Attachments

• Rear Seat Removal 1.jpg
    Rear Seat Removal 1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 84
  • Rear Seat Removal 2.jpg
    Rear Seat Removal 2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Rear Seat Removal 3.jpg
    Rear Seat Removal 3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 57
  • Rear Seat Removal 4.jpg
    Rear Seat Removal 4.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 51

Treacle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e320cdi estate
Cheers Martin,
I figured it out in the end,
Wasnt as bad as I thought

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom