W211 Estate Parktronic Failure front and rear

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes benz E220 cdi estate W211 facelift 2008. Mercedes SL320 R129 1996.
Hi All
I am wondering has anyone come across this issue before. When Ignition switch is put on front and rear park ironic lights come on all LED's. When I put the car in drive or reverse there is no lights on indicator for park ironic and no alarm.

Up to today the rear was not working but the front was fine. Rear had 2 red Led and alarm sound, Icarsoft MB shower left inner sensor or plug, But I noticed a Broken wire on the extreme right hand sensor. I have removed the rear Bumper and resoldered the wire. when tested it it was the same 2 red LED on rear with alarm. I cleared the codes with the reader and now I have the full front and rear failure.
Any Ideas welcome

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
Hi,
I will write it here in case it helps you or give you an idea for your problem.
Had many issues with the parktronic of my 2007 s211 e320 CDI.
From the day i bought it, it wasn't working at all. System was jammed and it was automatically switched off (red led light was illuminating on the parktronic button next to gear lever).
Icarsoft mb v2.0 indicated the right front outer sensor.
Because there are two outer sensors in each side I ordered two and since I had to unclip half the bumper I decided to change both of them.
Result?
System was still jammed and didn't work. Icarsoft couldn't find any problems.
I then had a look at the rear ones and saw the left outer sensor scratched. When I replaced that one too the system worked just fine for few months.

I don't drive the car a lot due to coronavirus situation etc but one week now, parktronic system again doesn't work.
Icarsoft indicated this time the left rear outer sensor (one that had replaced).
Anyway decided again to purchase two sensors.
Installed one and system again was faulty. I guessed that I received a new faulty sensor and decided to replace the new sensor with the second new sensor I received. Still system didn't work. Had a check with the voltages and all were good.
Icarsoft was insisting that the left rear outer sensor was faulty. Decided to unplug an OEM one from the rear center position just to swap them. Again icarsoft system was mentioning left rear outer sensor.
I had enough by this time but thought to check visually all of them (as I did back in October when I purchased the car and found the scratched sensor at the back)
I saw that the right outer sensor had bubbles on it so decided to replace this one too (with the second sensor I ordered) .
By removing this one, mud and stones etc were falling down. A lot of dirt in there. Anyway, after a lot of WD-40 spray cleaner for electrical equipment I installed the new on and finally system is working fine.

Apologies for the long message but wanted to share it here in case it helps you.
What I am saying is go with a good visual check too in case you see scratches etc on them.
In both cases, this helped me instead of the icarsoft (although it was correct indicating at least the front-rear each time).
Thanks

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
This is the message I was reading from my icarsoft the second time

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_140811_1.jpg
    IMG_20210127_140811_1.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 4

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Hi,
I will write it here in case it helps you or give you an idea for your problem.
Had many issues with the parktronic of my 2007 s211 e320 CDI.
From the day i bought it, it wasn't working at all. System was jammed and it was automatically switched off (red led light was illuminating on the parktronic button next to gear lever).
Icarsoft mb v2.0 indicated the right front outer sensor.
Because there are two outer sensors in each side I ordered two and since I had to unclip half the bumper I decided to change both of them.
Result?
System was still jammed and didn't work. Icarsoft couldn't find any problems.
I then had a look at the rear ones and saw the left outer sensor scratched. When I replaced that one too the system worked just fine for few months.

I don't drive the car a lot due to coronavirus situation etc but one week now, parktronic system again doesn't work.
Icarsoft indicated this time the left rear outer sensor (one that had replaced).
Anyway decided again to purchase two sensors.
Installed one and system again was faulty. I guessed that I received a new faulty sensor and decided to replace the new sensor with the second new sensor I received. Still system didn't work. Had a check with the voltages and all were good.
Icarsoft was insisting that the left rear outer sensor was faulty. Decided to unplug an OEM one from the rear center position just to swap them. Again icarsoft system was mentioning left rear outer sensor.
I had enough by this time but thought to check visually all of them (as I did back in October when I purchased the car and found the scratched sensor at the back)
I saw that the right outer sensor had bubbles on it so decided to replace this one too (with the second sensor I ordered) .
By removing this one, mud and stones etc were falling down. A lot of dirt in there. Anyway, after a lot of WD-40 spray cleaner for electrical equipment I installed the new on and finally system is working fine.

Apologies for the long message but wanted to share it here in case it helps you.
What I am saying is go with a good visual check too in case you see scratches etc on them.
In both cases, this helped me instead of the icarsoft (although it was correct indicating at least the front-rear each time).
Thanks

Good call Terry, my sensors stopped working a couple of months ago and sounded similar to the op problem. Then they worked again for no reason for about a week. They stopped working again and this evening started working again. I can follow your instruction over the weekend ;)

OP
atlantimd

atlantimd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes benz E220 cdi estate W211 facelift 2008. Mercedes SL320 R129 1996.
Hi Sorry for really late reply. I just wanted to let anyone know with that has the same fault. I removed the rear bumper fully during the summer and removed the loom and all sensor. Yes there is a lot of dried mud there ITS A MUD TRAP. The wiring that Mercedes used is light and got brittle so it had broken insulation and copper wire was corroded. In total there was 4 bad joints. So with a multimeter soldering iron and heat shrink i repaired all connections and wiring. I wrapped clear plastic bags around plugs once fitted and cable tied them. Parktronic works like new.
Had same wiring issue with folding mirrors also

thanks for advice

Terrykal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 cls55 amg
Exactly that, it's a mud trap that lip on the bottom of the rear bumper.
In order to unplug the outer right sensor I probably had to remove first a full bag of mug from that spot.
There are rubber covers behind each sensor to keep most of the dirt away from them but still the quantity of trapped mud is crazy.
Very good idea to use clear bags, thanks for sharing

Top Bottom