W211 Estate Rear Door Required

dursleyman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E220CDI Elegance Estate, 1977 Triumph TR7 FHC, 1980 Triumph TR7 DHC
I just took our 2005 E220 estate in to the bodyshop to have a dent fixed in the tailgate ( don't ask! ) and they tell me that according to MB there are no new tailgates "anywhere in the world". That sounds a bit surprising so has anyone out there any thoughts on it.
Just to complete the picture our is paint code 693 Travertine Beige Metallic.

OP
D

dursleyman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just took our 2005 E220 estate in to the bodyshop to have a dent fixed in the tailgate ( don't ask! ) and they tell me that according to MB there are no new tailgates "anywhere in the world". That sounds a bit surprising so has anyone out there any thoughts on it.
Just to complete the picture our is paint code 693 Travertine Beige Metallic.

I should have made it clear in the title its a tailgate the body shop needs. They can fix the old one but its a lot more work.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Best bet for a tailgate for your car.. Try and find out who builds hearses, these guys use E class estates and saloons and cut the back end off to fit their own made up roof and rear body section, a lot of them also mould their own tailgates.. so the original tailgate will be available..

OP
D

dursleyman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK, my body shop man has been ringing all around and spoken to a parts manager who was able to locate a new tailgate in Germany. Its now being fitted to our car even as I type this.

ChrisPidwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 CDI Avantgarde W211
Did you have any leftover from the boot lid area, i.e. the chrome trim that runs across the loading bay? or even the clips underneath it. My chrome plate is lifting.

OP
D

dursleyman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry, no spare parts. It was only minor damage to the plastic bumper and the tailgate which have been replaced.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom