1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W211 Media Interface

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by abmoeeds, Dec 6, 2012.

1. abmoeeds

abmoeeds Member

Your Mercedes:
    E-class 2007/320 cdi
    Hi Guys,
    Need you'll expert's help. I'm trying to find a Media Interface for my W211 E320 CDI. Its with Audio 20 system. And need cheap solution to connect Bluetooth phone and USB drive interface.

Can anyone please help me with this interface if they have one or else can advise where to get it cheap.

Thanks. :)

2. npuk

npuk Guest

A 2007 car wont support media interface. It was available from MY09>.

So you would first need to a upgrade to a NTG2.5 Audio 20 or Comand NTG2.5 which would be the unit fitted to a MY09 car and then add on the media interface. Media interface alone is about £450, plus roughly £200 or so for a Audio 20 or £500+ for Comand plus the wiring.

The mcar interface will give you phone, ipod and USB and work with you current older Audio 20. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/mcar_umi.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  3. OP
    abmoeeds

abmoeeds Member

Your Mercedes:
    E-class 2007/320 cdi
    Thanks

Thanks npuk. I have heard about this mcar interface from comand.

Is there anyone with a used mcar interface?

I've purchased this car recently so dont want to spend more so looking for some cheaper alternatives or a used one if there's one available with someone?

4. V6Matty

V6Matty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212/10/E350(His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
    I'm about to fit a Parrot MKi9000 to my S211 which should cover some of the features your after. And there are a few cheap ones on fleebay. My be something you can think about.

5. OP
    abmoeeds

abmoeeds Member

Your Mercedes:
    E-class 2007/320 cdi
    Thanks.

Thanks Matt.

Can you please let me know how did it work with parrot kit. Is it giving USB interface and Bluetooth options and also how much did it cost?

I have changed my car to a 58 model E320 Avantgarde now and this one has COMAND navigation on it (not sure which version i.e. NTG1 OR 2.5 as its a 2008 model 58 reg). It also has an Aux port in Glove box. I'm just wondering if this model can have a USB interface done in an easier way.

Thanks,