W211 no hot air

T

thejap

My w211 E320 was stood for a week and now I don't have any hot air from the air con, only cold. Tried the dials on max and min to try and kick it into action but nothing. Cleaned the grill next to the steering wheel also. I know its nice to have cold air the summer is nearing, its the wife who likes it warmer(as most do) and I can only get her to wear so many jumpers.
Any ideas?

OP
T

thejap

Is this a job for the dealer? any idea of cost of parts?
Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
the valve is hard to get to being tucked away in the corner of the bulk head,,I would ask and indie or MB for a fault code read out

OP
T

thejap

Aircon back to normal with hot and cold air. Just opened the expansion tank and squeezed the hoses and all seems ok. Maybe an airlock? The coolant was replaced at the last service 2 months ago so maybe this was the problem.

OP
M

mercedesman786

got same problem E320 CDI 2004 ive been head hunting this i shall see if there is air in the system first.but my car was stood up occassionaly it would let hot air in, then it totally gave up i changed the thermostat that was reaching about 50-60 now its high 80-90 but still no hot air the change over valve is a challenge:lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
got same problem E320 CDI 2004 ive been head hunting this i shall see if there is air in the system first.but my car was stood up occassionaly it would let hot air in, then it totally gave up i changed the thermostat that was reaching about 50-60 now its high 80-90 but still no hot air the change over valve is a challenge:lol:

Do not forget the the valve normally fails in the hot mode, so do check the pump first

Top Bottom