W211 parking sensors/wipers

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Hi all,

The front parking sensor lights on my 2004 E320 Cdi have started to come on when I apply the brakes. It only happens occasionally, with normally the inner 2 lights coming on for 3-4 seconds & then going out. Can't tell at the moment whether the rears are doing it as well.

Also......the rain sensing wipers are playing up. They seem to work OK until you accelerate briskly, then they start working all the time, as fast as the normal wiper speed and don't return to intermittent. If you switch them off & back on again, they are OK until you accelerate again.

Could these things be related?

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.................Joker.

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
If the 2 red lights are coming on when braking (and a bleep noise) then you have a parking sensor fault

If it is 2 yellow lights when almost coming to a stop then it is normal

Kind regards

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They are odd faults,,see if I can find a clue later

OP
T

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Hi and thanks for the replies,

It's the two yellow central lights that come on when nearly stopped, with no bleep.

Thanks for that Malcolm........................Joker.

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
2 inner yellow is strange, it should be 2 outer yellow when coming to a stop

OP
T

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Mm..... will have another look and let you know as soon as the better half lets me back in it!

Any ideas on the wipers?

Cheers...........Joker.

xavierx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
When you say they speed up when you accelerate, do you mean when it is actually raining?

Merc wipers seem to be super sensitive, much more so then any previous car I have had. Of course if you are accelerating into rain then there is going to be more rain hitting the sensor area of the windscreen.

Make sure that the rain sensor part of the windscreen is super clean. Try some "glass cutter" or similar polish from Halfords, it removes ingrained dirt and minor scratches and helped solve a simular problem on a Peugeot 406 I had in the past

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have two difficult on the car,,the wipers should be something in the OCP that is the ECU within the mirror housing.

If you know an indie with STAR this will identify both faults, then we can take it from there

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom