W212 - Rusty Calipers and only 2 months old!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think it also depends on the colour and the look you want to achieve.

Painted say pillar box red on the wrong colour car it can scream boy racer although this might be the desired effect.

The other things is, if they are painted folks will think they have to clean them ;)

I painted mine so that I could clean them, good point on the colour :(

OP
J

JuJigsaw

@Naraic

Why do you insist on either removing or editing my posts? Who are you, the comment police? Very, very odd behavior from a Mod when I've not written anything offensive. Your incessant meddling suggests you've got some sort of agenda.

Your role as a Mod, for that is the task which you have undertaken (you're no longer merely a member remember), is to moderate offensive or inappropriate comments not remove them when they've been nothing of the sort in anyone's language, nor edit them when you don't like the thrust of the argument.

And before you jump in with your size 10's please remember dude, it was you're negative 'get over comment' that started this nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
One could always get AMG calipers, they are powder coated and don't rust ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One could always get AMG calipers, they are powder coated and don't rust ;)

That is not an answer to the problem is it, and your hubs are not powder coated. Most AMG calipers are Aluminum.

FIBAMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180,C180,E300TURBO DIESEL
Wash down with petrol, small wire brush where possible then sand paper on other parts including the disc centers. Then just 2 to 3 coats of hammerite and I use a heat gun to dry it off quickly, by getting the parts hot with the heat gun, the first coat starts to flash off after 10 minutes and acts like a glue for the next coats allowing a more paint to be applied without getting runs.

All paint responds much better when the parts are hot

Thanks Malcolm, all I need now is time!

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
That is not an answer to the problem is it, and your hubs are not powder coated. Most AMG calipers are Aluminum.

Why is that not an answer? Admittedly it's a very expensive answer but it's a solution to rusty calipers all the same. ;)

Also, my hubs are not rusty 'cos they are covered with the grey paint all MB discs are supplied with.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why is that not an answer? Admittedly it's a very expensive answer but it's a solution to rusty calipers all the same. ;)

Also, my hubs are not rusty 'cos they are covered with the grey paint all MB discs are supplied with.

Again you just give a smug reply and in poor taste.

Most MB hubs rust eventually, the dealers are full of cars with rusty hubs, mine were rusty.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Again you just give a smug reply and in poor taste.

Most MB hubs rust eventually, the dealers are full of cars with rusty hubs, mine were rusty.

Nothing smug in my reply, a statement of fact. Perhaps there's a taste of sour grapes in your reply?

It was the same with my C class, MB discs and no rust. Mind you the front calipers weren't rusty on that car either. The rear ones were!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
@Naraic

Why do you insist on either removing or editing my posts? Who are you, the comment police? Very, very odd behavior from a Mod when I've not written anything offensive. Your incessant meddling suggests you've got some sort of agenda.

Your role as a Mod, for that is the task which you have undertaken (you're no longer merely a member remember), is to moderate offensive or inappropriate comments not remove them when they've been nothing of the sort in anyone's language, nor edit them when you don't like the thrust of the argument.

And before you jump in with your size 10's please remember dude, it was you're negative 'get over comment' that started this nonsense.

Hold on a minute chap...I have neither removed nor edited any of your posts. I pressed the edit button by mistake (post 15) rather than the quote button...but nothing was removed, changed nor amended. Are you the mod police? Wise up...you got a new car...so what? They all rust somewhere eventually.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nothing smug in my reply, a statement of fact. Perhaps there's a taste of sour grapes in your reply?

It was the same with my C class, MB discs and no rust. Mind you the front calipers weren't rusty on that car either. The rear ones were!

I think that other members would consider your £5k option rather silly when they could get them painted for a few ££

Sour grapes over what may I ask:D:D

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I think that other members would consider your £5k option rather silly when they could get them painted for a few ££

Sour grapes over what may I ask:D:D

Of course they might and they would have every right to think that but it doesn't mean the suggestion shouldn't be aired...

Sour grapes over your rusty calipers and hubs, apparently :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sour grapes over your rusty calipers and hubs, apparently :rolleyes:

What an odd comment, I have always painted my brake parts long before I came on here

this is my 13 year old V70R

Attachments

• DSC00850.jpg
    DSC00850.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 28

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hold on a minute chap...I have neither removed nor edited any of your posts. I pressed the edit button by mistake (post 15) rather than the quote button...but nothing was removed, changed nor amended. Are you the mod police? Wise up...you got a new car...so what? They all rust somewhere eventually.

Ah, I was comparing all of the 5 edits on that post and was trying to work out what the complaint was about

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
What an odd comment, I have always painted my brake parts long before I came on here

this is my 13 year old V70R

Do you paint the pads...or are they Red stuff?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you paint the pads...or are they Red stuff?

All of my car are quite nippy and I have used the red ceramic pads for 10 years now, the new generation from about 2 years ago are really good.

I will try the TMD E pads when they make some for my car

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did that suffer rusty calipers as well?

They come from the factory painted pink with green spots, I did not like that so I do them silver to match the car

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I must check my brake calipers. Actually no, I like to think there is no rust on my car. I always thought they were painted....

...with the best possible paint in the world...;)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I must check my brake calipers. Actually no, I like to think there is no rust on my car. I always thought they were painted....

Cars are, well not the DeLorean I think that was just lacquered (or should that be knackered :) )

Top Bottom