W212 - Rusty Calipers and only 2 months old!!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
De Loreans are timeless...get it?:lol::lol:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Prompted by this thread I had a quick search, seems even Rolls Royce suffer from calipers that rust.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Prompted by this thread I had a quick search, seems even Rolls Royce suffer from calipers that rust.

Quel dommage!!

Last edited:
OP
J

JuJigsaw

Hold on a minute chap...I have neither removed nor edited any of your posts. I pressed the edit button by mistake (post 15) rather than the quote button...but nothing was removed, changed nor amended. Are you the mod police? Wise up...you got a new car...so what? They all rust somewhere eventually.

"oooohhhhhhh" [pulls up handbag]

Wise up...you got a new car...so what? They all rust somewhere eventually.
Wise up? About what? What TF is not wise about assuming my brand new 'reasonably' expensive car shouldn't rust within two months of delivery. I'm basing my judgement on having driven for the last twenty five years and having owned around thirty cars in that time, a number of which were new, and none of which ended up with rusty calipers before the warranty period. Now either I'm lucky or a lack of rust is a reasonably normal thing to expect. Just read the responses from others on here with similar issues - I'm assuming that in the spirit of fairness you were equally dismissive and flippant towards their questions and comment? I'm new in these parts, perhaps you've actually got a name for it.

Why does every forum always have some clever lad with issues that always feel the need to jump and ruin a sensible debate with flippant and deliberately provocative posts. They're usually the ones that had their sand castle stamped on at the beach when they were on their summer holiday and never got over it.

Like I said, it was your unhelpful flippant jibe that provoked so don't get all morally superior and all knowing now clever lad. Your a Mod, not punter, so don't act like one. If you can't be constructive, helpful or even simply polite then don't add your contribution as it's not wanted or welcome.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
My remark to you in post 12 was about the Hammerite paint...not the rust.

You're the one who dissed the suggestion about Hammerite.

I'm not sure anyone else has agreed with you about rusty calipers though...on this side.

Last edited:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
can we get back to the discussion re rusting calipers, or I will just close this thread.

Having a "dig" at others, be they mods or not is not acceptable

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
JuJigsaw I dont know what is going on with you, but here is my 2p worth. Calipers do rust it happens, most of us just deal with it pretty much like all other things in life. It appears that not only do you have to throw your toys out of the pram but you have make a mahoosive deal whilst doing so....

Now with regards to brake calipers, if you feel that they are rusting badly then you can do 1 of 2 things, 1) scrub them down and paint them or 2) take your car back to the dealership and make an issue out of it.

I do hope that you get your issue sorted as your constant ranting seems to be getting quite tiresome.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
JuJigsaw I dont know what is going on with you, but here is my 2p worth. Calipers do rust it happens, most of us just deal with it pretty much like all other things in life. It appears that not only do you have to throw your toys out of the pram but you have make a mahoosive deal whilst doing so....

Now with regards to brake calipers, if you feel that they are rusting badly then you can do 1 of 2 things, 1) scrub them down and paint them or 2) take your car back to the dealership and make an issue out of it.

I do hope that you get your issue sorted as your constant ranting seems to be getting quite tiresome.

When the day comes when you buy your brand new car and it shows signs of rust, maybe you might be a little upset, further more I can see nothing wrong with any of JuJisaws post

Last edited by a moderator:

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Common sense would prevail and hence all I would is take it back to the dealership not rant about something no other member or mod has any control over. Seeing as the car has a warranty I dont see what the issue is, do you need to have a degree in rocket science to decipher a warranty these days?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
When the day comes when you buy your brand new car and it shows signs of rust, maybe you might be a little upset, further more I can see nothing wrong with any of JuJisaws post

Well...when I suggested painting the calipers (as you did) on the other side...he jumped down my throat.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Common sense would prevail and hence all I would is take it back to the dealership not rant about something no other member or mod has any control over. Seeing as the car has a warranty I dont see what the issue is, do you need to have a degree in rocket science to decipher a warranty these days?

Yes point taken but forums are good for discussion on what route to take.

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Agreed but it seems that he's not one for discussion

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Agreed but it seems that he's not one for discussion

I think the same could be said about others in this thread as well, but this is off topic again

spock500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300TD, 1998
I must check my brake calipers. Actually no, I like to think there is no rust on my car. I always thought they were painted....

There's no rust on my car, only 'patina' as it errrmm..gracefully ages..

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom