W213 E220d estate - AMG19 to Se 17?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Typical ... just got a notification that someone else has been claimed by the pothole I hit.

They now have a cracked alloy which is beyond repair...

As it’s been over 14 days, they’ll have a very good leg to stand on.

You will also have a case

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Don't put Run flats back on, use a normal tyre and put a can of "Goop" in the boot

I would be tempted to get a second opinion on replacing all the tyres and what is the noise coming from the wheels????

Driving the car today and doing some diagnostics to find out if it is bearing or tyre. Two garages have said bearing is fine. Problem with run flats is that you just can’t tell if there is damage within the side wall ... Mechanic refused to remove them for inspection yesterday as if they were faulty he would not re-install (expected tbh)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Driving the car today and doing some diagnostics to find out if it is bearing or tyre. Two garages have said bearing is fine. Problem with run flats is that you just can’t tell if there is damage within the side wall ... Mechanic refused to remove them for inspection yesterday as if they were faulty he would not re-install (expected tbh)

The problem with RF tyres is they transfer so much load to the wheel as the sidewalls are so stiff.

I would go for a drive with the windows open and stereo off and listen

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
The problem with RF tyres is they transfer so much load to the wheel as the sidewalls are so stiff.

I would go for a drive with the windows open and stereo off and listen

Wish I could have the windows open It’s absolutely hammering it down

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom