W213: how to detail a car that is wrapped ?

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hiya,
my car is wrapped with see-through plastic or whatever on the front bits, probably to protect them from frontal damage, and it's wrapped on the bonnet, bumper, front left and right wings, and A and B pillars and some of the sun roof and the wing mirrors.

It was wrapped from the previous owner and I love the fact that it's wrapped at the front. It makes perfect sense, protect the car from all the bug collisions etc... and it's not detectable unless you know it's there.

When washing the car i notice the plastic or whatever wrap it is can scratch easily, can this be polished out, do any of you deal with detailing a wrapped car, if so how ?

Can i use a polisher on the plastic or will that ruin it ? I haven't seen any youtube videos on this subject. (edit, i didn't look, here's one... but it's for a beemer.

)

cheers
niall

IMG_7869.jpg

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom