W213 on the floor (malfunction)

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Update: the car managed to get to dealership yesterday. The compressor has failed and blown the relay. Mercedes 50% contribution leaves me with 350. Also done a deal with them to fit alarm for 200. Both these things failed within no mans land!
you not having a good time with your 213 jan :(

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
you not having a good time with your 213 jan :(
I am not to be honest mate. I want to enjoy the car but I spend too much time talking to Mercedes with it in the garage! Haha

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Update: Car is back with me today however, dealership have told me that the steering wheel movement motor is bust so it no longer goes up or down. Its booked in to get replaced and is covered by warranty. Positive news is that the rear looks good again :po_O 6461FA32-995A-4891-96B1-DDF4AF0EBDD2.jpeg

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Further Update: Drove the car last night from the shops, and noticed that the headlight throw was really short (a lot shorter than normal). Turns out that rear is actually higher than it should be and has either been calibrated incorrectly, or there's another fault somewhere. It'll get looked at when it's back in the garage for the steering wheel adjuster fix.

Here are some example online of what the rear should look like:

E class sus.jpg

Example E class rear.jpg

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Further update: Car went in to the garage last week and had the steering wheel motor completed and suspension adjusted. Turns out that the suspension can be set at + - 20% of the nominal height. For some reason ... the mechanic set it at higher? Adjusted and it’s back in normal range now.

Steering wheel motor was fixed however, when I got in the car .. it sounded like I was in the engine bay. Mechanic forgot to fit the plastic steering axle cover into the firewall. That was sorted tbf. At first, they tried telling me it was in my head as I had a hybrid as courtesy.

Suspension has been OK now for 1 week + so all is OK. If anyone asks about Mercedes warranty, it’s well worth it just because there literally no hassle. The dealer sorts it all out and they’ve paid out over 2k now in the first 2 months!!

OP
Janchee

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Further update: Car was in the garage and they've found a fault with the Rear air suspension control module. The STAR system just advised to replace the control module so its on back order. It was an intermittent fault though.

Symptoms: Car was acting weird when braking and going over bumps. Almost like the rear was trying to overtake the front. Turns out that the control module was setting the pressures incorrectly so the dynamics of the car were off.

Again warranty has paid for this work, so it's getting on to £3k paid out now. When the car goes back in to have this part fitted, they're looking at a drivers chair issue and possibly replacing the dual digital display (2.5k part). So again, another thumbs up to the MB extended warranty.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom