W219 CLS500 - Troubleshooting / Advice

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
Hi,

Okay I’ve had this a little while now, I’m a New Mercedes 2008 w219 5.5 CLS 500 owner (pre-facelift) it’s a one owner from new with full MB main dealer history, Only MB parts used, MB MOT... etc.. With 67k miles. I’ve noticed a few niggles with it and I’m unsure what if any of these are considered normal so i’ll ask away.

The transmission tunnel area of the interior on both sides are very warm to the touch also around where your knees would rest in the center area on both sides after driving for awhile, The navigation screen is also very warm to the touch with circular light burn marks on the display itself it looks like, Not very noticeable but I’m assuming that’s what it is. Still works fine as far as I can tell.

There’s a noise coming from the center dash area. I’ve not pinpointed where yet. It’s hard to describe but it hasn’t gone away and it stops for a few seconds then starts again, Sometimes worse sometimes not so noticeable but doesn’t seem like it will go itself. The sound can be described as a (buzzing / electrical / rattling / little fan) type of sound. I’ve tried to eliminate a few things by turning the radio off, climate A/C off, removed any discs, heated/ventilated seats off etc.. But the should is still present. Also worth mentioning it’s there if you are stationary and driving.

The passenger front Dynamic seat appears to be dead/faulty. It was working fine yesterday I had a passenger in the seat and it was working as it should.... But today if I press the “Dynamic” button the red light comes on for a second then there are some sounds like air then release then the red light goes out in roughly 1 or 2 seconds...... Drivers side works fine...But the passenger manual bolster inflation works fine... I have also noticed when you open any of the doors there’s a sound from the boot assuming some kind of pump, Also when you get in the car and turn on the ignition the seats do make some unusual sounds, once started..... It’s quite possible this is normal and I’m not used to a car jack packed with electronics and gadgets. I’ll let you guys tell me what you think.

Parking sensors front and rear don’t appear to be working.

Glovebox once you press the button doesn’t come down automatically. You have to press and pull it down.

The windows won’t close with the key, But if you press the button on the door handle the window will close. Is there a way to make it work with the key?

When I have a chance i’ll get the car over to a Mercedes Indy to give it a once over.

The main thing the engine and transmission and the way it drives etc.. is spot on. But hopefully I can fix some of these niggles.

But in the meantime let me know what you think of all the above or am I being too fussy.

Thanks in advance.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I hope you can get to the Indy pretty soon buddy , this sounds like it's got electrical issue/car fire all over it ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The windows won’t close with the key, But if you press the button on the door handle the window will close. Is there a way to make it work with the key?
The windows will only close by IR so you need to point the IR transmitter at the door handle and hold the lock button.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The passenger front Dynamic seat appears to be dead/faulty. It was working fine yesterday I had a passenger in the seat and it was working as it should.... But today if I press the “Dynamic” button the red light comes on for a second then there are some sounds like air then release then the red light goes out in roughly 1 or 2 seconds......
Sounds like an air leak. The system will shut off the section that's leaking air.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
I hope you can get to the Indy pretty soon buddy , this sounds like it's got electrical issue/car fire all over it ?

Hopefully not, But i’ll get them to check it over.

OP
M113K

M113K

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Omega 3.2 V6
The windows will only close by IR so you need to point the IR transmitter at the door handle and hold the lock button.

I did try this yesterday and again today but doesn’t work with either of the keys.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I did try this yesterday and again today but doesn’t work with either of the keys.
You need a good line of sight from the end of the key to the receiver in the drivers door handle and be less than 10’ from it.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom