1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w220 320cdi wont start

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by sean.i, Nov 21, 2012.

1. sean.i

sean.i Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 E200 cdi
    she cranks for ages catches ab=nd stalls , cranks for ages catches and stalls forever and never runs , i have fuel where it should be and replaced anumber of 'o' rings recently , i still suspect an air leak but would appreciate any other ideas on this problem.:):)

2. 47p2

47p2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Slk
    Could it possibly be a faulty crankshaft position sensor?

3. Steve@Avantgarde

Steve@Avantgarde Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    C220CDI AMG Line Premium, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
    Could be CPS, could be injector leak off, could be a failed high pressure pump, blocked fuel filter....??

Perhaps you could tell us what you have done so far, if there is any fault codes and whether you have checked the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge or STAR/diagnosis machine?

Info is key to diagnosis

4. sean.ie

sean.ie Member

Your Mercedes:
    '01 S320CDI
    w220 320cdi won't start

story so far is there is no fault warning , there is fuel where it should be , i have cracked off the injectors while cranking and there is fuel there and all seems normal , i suppose a code reader would find out if the crank angle sensor was faulty , getting the code read in a garage will cost about 60-70 euro , will one of the code readers you on ebay for around the same money do the job?