w220 brakes pads sensors etc etc...

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Still loving my s320 cdi 03 but...... had a few issues as you do but it's still going strong. The latest thing is the msg on the console that says something like brake lining wear visit workshop. Anyway went to my local indie who has been v helpful so far and he had a quick recky and said he couldn't see anything to worry about. Said there is only one sensor for all the brakes and the best thing to do was keep going until they started to grind then replace all the pads and discs. Said it wasn't worth only doing the pads.... I am thinking me replacing the pads would be a lot cheaper than him doing the whole lot in the future...... any comments?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
When the brake wear indicator comes on it usually means approx 1k miles of wear left (driving style dependant obviously). If the discs are looking ok, not badly scored I would change the pads fairly soon. If the discs are grooved then change pads and discs. Either way I would not wait until they start grinding!

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do change the pads as soon as you can should be no problem getting 1k more with light driving and all easy to do on that car, you will need a new sensor wire.

OP
W

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
which pads?

When the brake wear indicator comes on it usually means approx 1k miles of wear left (driving style dependant obviously). If the discs are looking ok, not badly scored I would change the pads fairly soon. If the discs are grooved then change pads and discs. Either way I would not wait until they start grinding!

Any advice on suppliers and brake pad makes would be appreciated.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Any advice on suppliers and brake pad makes would be appreciated.

Personally I always go with OEM. The dealer's prices are quite competitive and you know you are getting the correct spec for your car. Unless you are doing track days or find brake dust a problem (Neither of which applies to me) I can't think why one would choose 3rd party components

Top Bottom