w220 discs n pads

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Hi I am quite new to the forum but really enjoy reading the posts and have had some useful advice and some laughs:p. I bought my first merc, an s320 cdi 2003 (facelift) and really enjoying it despite having a few problems. Today I was out in it and the check brake lining msg came up on the console. Needs MOT at end of may so I need to sort this out, I am guessing it will be new pads and discs as the discs look scored and slightly lipped. I have a few tools from my motorbike days and I just have my drive to work on rather than a garage or workshop but I would like to have a crack at diy. Does anyone have a blow by blow account of this job with pics? Where to get the parts etc? Any help would be gratefully received as usual.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
is your car a 220125 or 126 please

OP
W

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Hi television sorry I am late to reply but I just had a look in all the books that came with the car and I cannot find any reference to these numbers so I don't know which my car is. By the way my prayers are with you re the missus.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The vin number is at the bottom of the screen passenger side it will start off WDB220 it is the next 3 number needed

You should measure the thickness of the disc to see if they are worn out

OP
W

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
The vin number is at the bottom of the screen passenger side it will start off WDB220 it is the next 3 number needed

You should measure the thickness of the disc to see if they are worn out
will do tomorrow and report back.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Hi I am quite new to the forum but really enjoy reading the posts and have had some useful advice and some laughs:p. I bought my first merc, an s320 cdi 2003 (facelift) and really enjoying it despite having a few problems. Today I was out in it and the check brake lining msg came up on the console. Needs MOT at end of may so I need to sort this out, I am guessing it will be new pads and discs as the discs look scored and slightly lipped. I have a few tools from my motorbike days and I just have my drive to work on rather than a garage or workshop but I would like to have a crack at diy. Does anyone have a blow by blow account of this job with pics? Where to get the parts etc? Any help would be gratefully received as usual.

Hi and welcome to the forum -may I suggest if you intend keeping the car and have no history of when the discs were last changed then it is wise to renew both pads and the discs ?
As for where to buy them go on EPC website type in your reg and they will all be there and then use the forum code to get a further 25% discount.
I would also renew the sensors at the same time as they are very cheap -- that should cover any brake problems and give you peace of mind for a long
while in the future ?

OP
W

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Hi and welcome to the forum -may I suggest if you intend keeping the car and have no history of when the discs were last changed then it is wise to renew both pads and the discs ?
As for where to buy them go on EPC website type in your reg and they will all be there and then use the forum code to get a further 25% discount.
I would also renew the sensors at the same time as they are very cheap -- that should cover any brake problems and give you peace of mind for a long
while in the future ?
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. One more thing if you wouldn't mind, can you tell me where I find the forum discount code as I think it could come in very handy.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom