W221 2010 S350 EIS Removel

mercedessclass1

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 & W220
Hi, hoping for guidance on the removal of my faulty EIS.

I have trolled the Web looking for information relating to my model but can't find anything. All of the videos and technical references seem to relate to models which have a removable bezel which it seems is possible to unscrew with a small screwdriver. However, my ignition module doesn't appear to have any visible access to the key points which allow it to be unscrewed with the correct tool or an alternative means. I can spin the silver bezel but it doesn't appear to be loosening the the module?

I'm now thinking that this model requires the dash (or part of it) to be removed to provide access from the rear?

Any help would be gratefully received. I'm due an MOT in the next two weeks and the EIS now only gives me one shot to start first thing in the morning when the cabin temp is low.

As a note to other Mercedes owners with this issue; I believe the root cause for the failure is due to dry or poor soldering on the EIS PCB and in which case, its clearly faulty engineering which I believe should be addressed by Mercedes at NO cost to the owner, regardless of vehicle age!

Thanks in advance..

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
German cars have design features, not faults

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom