W245 2007 Cd changer problem

wyliet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2008/320CDI
Hi,
Recently my wife bought a 2007 B200cdi. It has the COMAND NTG2.0 unit, with a CD changer in the glove box (MH3512).

The CD changer doesn't work - meaning that we cant listen to CDs and use satnav at same time.

I am not 100% sure how it should work. Is there a CD Changer option that should appear on the AUDIO selection (along with Radio, CD and AUX)?
The optical fibers are transmitting and receiving. The changer scans all the slots, and there is a CD in there - but once it has done that nothing plays and I cannot eject it. :(

I thought I would find a replacement MH3512 on ebay and replace it. I found one but get the same problem with this. Have I been sold a bad one?? :confused: I am thinking I might have as there are 6 CDs in it - which, again, I cant eject.

Hoping that someone with knowledge of how it should work can help shed some light on this problem. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
To be honest you will be better off going down to comand in Surrey and let them check it.

OP
W

wyliet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS/2008/320CDI
was hoping I might get an indicator if there is a missing option in my Audio selection screen - ... and if so, is that something that should be programmed via Mercedes - or is just there if it senses an operational cd changer?

If not - I need to get the cd changer I bought off ebay returned pronto :)

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You must have a CD button on there somewhere, but this will not affect the loading and unloading.

The guy that knows these things has not been on line today.

If its the same on both, then probably not the player, many unplug the CD first then they cannot get the disc out

N

npuk

If you only bought the car recently go back to the dealer you got it from.

To use the cd changer press the CDC button.

It can only be a faulty cd changer or a problem with the MOST fibre optic ring. If another item on the MOST ring has a fault that can stop the changer working.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom