W245 B-Class opinions, reliability and MPG request

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Hello,

My wife's trusty old W210 E320 CDI is slowly becoming EOL, and we need a new a vehicle. After some deliberations I have come to believe the W245 B-class may be a suitable replacement. However, I am not very well-versed in this car and know little about it in terms of reliability and general faults.

We are looking for an automatic, most likely early 2005-2007 range (so pre-facelift, not sure if that's a good idea...), and frankly don't really care if its Diesel (although without DPF) or Petrol. I have read around a bit, found some issues with the automatic gearbox dying a bit too soon, some unspecified issue with the rear brakes, but other than that nothing too serious.

Any feedback, opinions and comments very welcome. Also any advice on best engine and options happily received. Does the panoramic roof work well, without leaks etc? Any regular servicing items that seem to need above-average interval rteplacement, etc.

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom