Waiting for a new Mercedes S Class

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Sorry to hear of the delays. Is the salesman lying? That depends on whether you can spot your car in this photo...

ship-carrying-cars-capsizes.jpg

What are they?

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
What sort of discounts were had on it?

With the last model my old man bought one just before the new one arrived and the deal was stunning.
Great cars the S.

Did you not fancy waiting for the launch of the new model in Geneva next month?

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 E Class 320cdi Estate. 2013 S Class 350 cdi
What sort of discounts were had on it?

With the last model my old man bought one just before the new one arrived and the deal was stunning.
Great cars the S.

Did you not fancy waiting for the launch of the new model in Geneva next month?

No, I would rather get a model that has been in production for quite a time because any problems should have been sorted out and there is a much better deal on older models. There is rarely a discount on a new model.

I did a deal that was just about 14k under list price. No trade in.

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
I wouldn't have any problem owning the current model for a few years, think it looks great and the gizmos are already right up there.
Look forward to seeing the pics.

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What were the 13 Factory extras you ordered? :p

Now I wish I had kept quiet about extras! anyway here goes:

1. Reversing Camera
2. Driving Assistance Package
3. Front Seat Comfort Package (Massage seats)
4. Front Seat Memory Package
5. Keyless-go Package
6. Closing aid for Doors
7. Ambient Lighting
8. Smokers Package
9. Garage Door Opener
10. Infrared reflective noise insulating glass all round
11. Multi function Steering Wheel Heated
12. Night view Assist
13. Tow bar. (Just to keep Clarkson happy, I do not, or ever will, own a caravan)

Now I will wait and see how many kill-joys tell me how unnecessary these extras are.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
most extras are unnecessary. how did we ever manage without ABS, power steering, elec windows etc.

you choose the additional extras as it will enhance YOUR ownership of the car. if you need to tow a trailer, for taking rubbish to the tip, for example, you need to have a towbar. a car is a very personal thing and, IMO if you are lucky enough to be able to buy new, then it should be EXACTLY what YOU want.

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
most extras are unnecessary. how did we ever manage without ABS, power steering, elec windows etc.

you choose the additional extras as it will enhance YOUR ownership of the car. if you need to tow a trailer, for taking rubbish to the tip, for example, you need to have a towbar. a car is a very personal thing and, IMO if you are lucky enough to be able to buy new, then it should be EXACTLY what YOU want.

Could not agree more on your second statement but, yes, we did manage without ABS etc. but cars then were slower, far less of them on the road.
For a while I owner an Austin Ruby, back in the early 60s, 40mph, downhill, backwind, if you were lucky. I do not want to remember how I used to get it to stop. Now I know which car i prefer.

Thanks for you comment though.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Could not agree more on your second statement but, yes, we did manage without ABS etc. but cars then were slower, far less of them on the road.
For a while I owner an Austin Ruby, back in the early 60s, 40mph, downhill, backwind, if you were lucky. I do not want to remember how I used to get it to stop. Now I know which car i prefer.

Thanks for you comment though.

slower cars, yes, but also, in many ways, more reliable. my first car was an austin metro. sure, it wasnt quick but it was fairly good on fuel in its day. a diesel of the same era was slow as few had turbo's BUT as long as water was kept out of the air intake, the engine itself would LITERALLY run underwater. try that with a modern diesel and you would have NO CHANCE!!!

same with auto boxes. they were much rarer but everyone managed, and again, no electronics were needed. WHAT WENT WRONG???

LTD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220 CDi Coupe Sport
In an S Class there are no un-necessary extras.

It's a car for the Sybarite in us. It is the best car on the road.

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slower cars, yes, but also, in many ways, more reliable. my first car was an austin metro. sure, it wasnt quick but it was fairly good on fuel in its day. a diesel of the same era was slow as few had turbo's BUT as long as water was kept out of the air intake, the engine itself would LITERALLY run underwater. try that with a modern diesel and you would have NO CHANCE!!!

same with auto boxes. they were much rarer but everyone managed, and again, no electronics were needed. WHAT WENT WRONG???

What went wrong is that manufactures and dealers did not like them too simple because they were losing out on servicing etc. plus they could justify the price increases saying it had more "extras" on. Just my opinion.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Now I wish I had kept quiet about extras! anyway here goes:

1. Reversing Camera
2. Driving Assistance Package
3. Front Seat Comfort Package (Massage seats)
4. Front Seat Memory Package
5. Keyless-go Package
6. Closing aid for Doors
7. Ambient Lighting
8. Smokers Package
9. Garage Door Opener
10. Infrared reflective noise insulating glass all round
11. Multi function Steering Wheel Heated
12. Night view Assist
13. Tow bar. (Just to keep Clarkson happy, I do not, or ever will, own a caravan)

Now I will wait and see how many kill-joys tell me how unnecessary these extras are.

A good choice IMHO. The IR glass is very good. Have you got the Harmon-Kardon (I can't remember if it's std in the UK) ?

All you need now is to actually get your hands on it. :grin:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Out of interest can you order it fitted with a Parking heater a webasto diesel type of thing ?

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A good choice IMHO. The IR glass is very good. Have you got the Harmon-Kardon (I can't remember if it's std in the UK) ?

All you need now is to actually get your hands on it. :grin:

How right you are.:lol:
I have no idea if it has the Harmon-Kardon, but normally I do not have any entertainment in the car, too busy watching for speed cameras. :Oops:

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
Out of interest can you order it fitted with a Parking heater a webasto diesel type of thing ?

I know you can get it over here in France (£1500 :( ) but not sure about UK;

OP
J

Jake48

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

It is not in the S Class price list but I believe it can be had in some countries.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

What went wrong is oil prices rose dramatically making us want better mpg and global warming alarmists encouraged Euro politicians to impose CO2 emission limits and fuel economy targets that could only be met with very high technology.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom