WaLeast aggressive Clay bar?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I was told Sonus Ultra Fine SFX was the least Aggressive ( i.e. less likely to cause minor marring ) but can’t find a supplier with it in stock.
One supplier suggested Valet Pro “Orange” Ultra Fine Clay bar.
Has anyone used either of these , ideally love a comparative between the 2.

Or a comparison with Meguairs Smooth Clay kit or Bilt Hamber Soft Clay bar , as I have used these.

IMO I think Bilt Hamber is great value but more aggressive than Meguairs. More gut feeling.

Having machine polished her in the summer, with 3 Ms least aggressive swirl remover. I only need to remove the lightest contamination.

Any views appreciated.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Have a look at swissvax blue clay, okay not cheap but very soft compared to megs or bilthamer.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I was told Sonus Ultra Fine SFX was the least Aggressive ( i.e. less likely to cause minor marring ) but can’t find a supplier with it in stock.
One supplier suggested Valet Pro “Orange” Ultra Fine Clay bar.
Has anyone used either of these , ideally love a comparative between the 2.

Or a comparison with Meguairs Smooth Clay kit or Bilt Hamber Soft Clay bar , as I have used these.

IMO I think Bilt Hamber is great value but more aggressive than Meguairs. More gut feeling.

Having machine polished her in the summer, with 3 Ms least aggressive swirl remover. I only need to remove the lightest contamination.

Any views appreciated.
Jesus buddy , where have you been :D ?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
And how’s my next car doing :rolleyes:?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Bilt Hamber do several grades of clay, they do a soft for regular use, as you have used it I would continue, it is so easy to use and designed for the purpose you are aiming at.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bilt-Hambe...ywords=bilt+hamber+clay&qid=1573321760&sr=8-5

I use the medium but only once or twice a year as I find it sufficient with the AG UDS, BH Double Speed Wax and Sonax I use to protect the bodywork

Have you tried Dragons Blood (or suck like) to remove the contamination instead of Clay? it may be a better option as non abrasive

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-...73322088&sprefix=dragons+blood,aps,168&sr=8-2

Last edited:
OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
And how’s my next car doing :rolleyes:?

She has Been behaving herself nicely , other than warning me A Service overdue by 1 day!
Princely mileage 2,456 since last year. Hardly justifies Mobil 1 0W40 lol!
Going in on Thursday.

Only fault was the rear camera stopped! Replugged in the USB power source and it has worked perfectly ...
Maybe someone or I knocked the usb plug partially out.?

And new rear tyres are overdue at 2.5mm :-/
Looking at a pair of Goodyear F1 Eagles Asymmetric 2s.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Bilt Hamber do several grades of clay, they do a soft for regular use, as you have used it I would continue, it is so easy to use and designed for the purpose you are aiming at.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bilt-Hambe...ywords=bilt+hamber+clay&qid=1573321760&sr=8-5

I use the medium but only once or twice a year as I find it sufficient with the AG UDS, BH Double Speed Wax and Sonax I use to protect the bodywork

Have you tried Dragons Blood (or suck like) to remove the contamination instead of Clay? it may be a better option as non abrasive

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-Dragons-Extreme-Contamination-Concentrated/dp/B07DL7CD6D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2369H34M7W5OS&keywords=dragons+blood+wheel+cleaner&qid=1573322088&sprefix=dragons+blood,aps,168&sr=8-2

The Bilt Hamber Soft was OK , but was looking for something less aggressive as she was machine polished fairly recently . Just want something really gentle to remove any minute contaminated particles collected since. As I want to be lazy and spread the collinite on with the Hitachi polished. (Got a special pad with zero abrasion) just don't want any gritty nasties rubbed on.
This big 6” pad spreads the Collinite on quickly, evenly and fast :)

I was recommended to use IronX but to be honest anything acidic scares me ... even if they say its PH 6-7.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-Dragons-Extreme-Contamination-Concentrated/dp/B07DL7CD6D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2369H34M7W5OS&keywords=dragons+blood+wheel+cleaner&qid=1573322088&sprefix=dragons+blood,aps,168&sr=8-2

The Bilt Hamber Soft was OK , but was looking for something less aggressive as she was machine polished fairly recently . Just want something really gentle to remove any minute contaminated particles collected since. As I want to be lazy and spread the collinite on with the Hitachi polished. (Got a special pad with zero abrasion) just don't want any gritty nasties rubbed on.
This big 6” pad spreads the Collinite on quickly, evenly and fast :)

I was recommended to use IronX but to be honest anything acidic scares me ... even if they say its PH 6-7.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom