1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle WANTED - E320 CDI 2008/09

Discussion in 'Mercedes Car Classifieds' started by Mr Greedy, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Mr Greedy

Mr Greedy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
    After taking a forced and reluctant break from this forum and Mercs for 2 years, I’m seriously looking for a good quality W211 (saloon) or possible S211 (estate). I think the saloon looks way better, but estate is more practical, so swings and roundabouts.

If this is in the wrong section, can a Mod move it to where it should live please?

I realise I’m not spec’ing a new car with options, but I’ve literally just missed a Columbite Black W211 with black Nappa leather this weekend with all the preferred options below, as I couldn’t get time to view. Gutted!

Strong preference for all of the following, but would consider dropping/swapping the odd thing:

2008/2009

Through loading/folding rear seats (must have)

Metallic paint but NOT in metallic beige/champagne

Black Nappa leather (with ruffled door cards) and sports seats (usually has contrasting white stitching on black leather as an identifier I believe)

Not the bright orange wood that tends to be on the Elegance, but any other wood is fine

Heated seats

COMAND NTG 2.5 (the one with the SD card slot at the top centre and no buttons on the lower bezel)

Sport trim (preferred) or Avantgarde

Sensible mileage

I can take or leave any other goodies e.g. airmatic has great ride, but possible maintenance headache. Pano glass roof is nice, but recent 0.75million unit recall for debonding plus tales of exploding glass roofs is a minus.

I’ve seen quite a few cars with most if not all the other options I want except for having the older COMAND unit, including on vehicles up to 09-plate. On review of the forums, it seems that NTG 2.5 is such a step-up and so expensive to retrofit that I might as well find one with it already fitted. The main thing I want with it is good quality integrated Bluetooth for the phone and media, and could easily live without Sat Nav and DVD, but it would be nice for the sheer hell of it. I’ve dismissed an Android replacement unit as I want to keep the other functions e.g. steering wheel controls, dash display and park sensors (if that has any impact). Maybe the facelift Audio 20 with the colour screen would suffice.

If anyone has anything they’re thinking of selling that fits this bill, I’d be interested.

I’m in the Leicestershire region, but will travel for the right car.

I’m not in any immediate rush, so hopefully can wait for the right car.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
  3. OP
    Mr Greedy

Mr Greedy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
    This is now on hold.

I've now taken the plunge with a 2011 E350 saloon, with a fixed rear bench; I didn't see that compromise coming!
    We'll see how we get on without the estate/fold flat seats.