WARNING TO ALL MERC OWNERS-your local garage?

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hi kebo57, i have just seen and answered your message, i appreciate your help. please see the post i have just posted it's in the general merc disscussion section, title "good inde preston". herbiemercman.

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi the thing is Iv'e had my ML for 2.5 years and been a member here for about the same time, and if you have a problem where do you go around the north west (to the local MB dealers I dont think so)

Now I have two people that I can trust

I have had my ML at a local Diagnostic place twice, both times they never found the actual problem, they couldn't make contact with the auto box ECU.

This guy I found had it nailed down on a run of the mill diagnostic system now my auto box is fixed and I'm well suited there is a thread about this http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46442

Kevin

Last edited:

Kully

Reaction score
Gosh a very small world I live in the Walton Le Dale area too! I'll check this Leon Thornley place out as my merc clk 270 is making a ticking noise so I'll get him to have a look at it! Thank you for the recommendation - very useful :)

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
eerm, i think there is every need. The garage messed up.... why should the owner have to pay for it to be sorted? sounds like his friend is taking liberties. i understand it was a mistake but the guy is in business and should admit his employees were at fault and sort the issue out for him, just like you would if you didnt know the guy.

I'm also surprised to hear that the pipes were not available from MB..... can you give further details on this?

I thought garages has insurance to cover this sort of thing. I know a garage has a "Duty of Care" to its customers. As a MOT station I would have thought that any complaint of "shoddy" work would be detrimental to the MOT License?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom