Warnings and limp mode.

Damo220

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2012 2.2TDI
Hi All,
I hope you can help. I have been having a intermittent fault with my W204 Mercedes C220 which is getting worse since a service.
Whats happening is when driving all of a sudden the car reports that traction control, ABS and run flat indicator are all inoperable. The car then goes into limp mode and is very slow. Once you cut the engine and restart the fault goes and everything is back to normal.
The issue was happening once a week but since taking it to Mercedes for a service its now happening constantly. I reported the issues to Mercedes when it went in and they said they have cleared the fault but just monitor it. Well its worse now than it ever was!
Would anyone happen to know what is causing this?

Thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
You could have a faulty wheel speed sensor.
Best course of action is to visit an MB indy who will use Star to diagnose the fault.

Where are you located so someone may be able to suggest the best place to take it?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom