Warranties

emsandjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance, GM Insignia, Hillman Minx, Renault Espace, 2x Mini's
Hi all,

New people here... just bought our first long awaited Mercedes.
Its a '99 E240 Elegance. :D

The dealer has given us a warranty with Customer Protect, which we can upgrade - for a fee.

I know warranties are a gamble but I tend to like one for the first 6 - 12 months of an 'expensive' cars arrival to the family.

Does anyone have any thoughts / experience of Customer Protect? Or any recommendations for warranties for 100k+ 10 year old cars?

Thanks in advance

Emm & Jim

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
hi and welcome

personally i have no experience of warranties apart from the main things you need them for usually arent covered!

the 210 (as its known through mercedes body type code) e class is a nice car. i have one (teperamental one at that!) myself and find it very comfortable, quick and economical. most of the common problems dont cost that much to fix, especially if you can do things yourself.

just out of interest, is your car a pre or post facelift model? the pre facelift has a long side to side bumper moulding that the front bumper mounts to, the post facelift has shorter, 'round the corner' type mopuldings that end before they meet the number plate.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum,, the MB warranties are good,,but the others you do need to fully understand what is covered in the small print

OP
E

emsandjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 Elegance, GM Insignia, Hillman Minx, Renault Espace, 2x Mini's
just out of interest, is your car a pre or post facelift model? the pre facelift has a long side to side bumper moulding that the front bumper mounts to, the post facelift has shorter, 'round the corner' type mopuldings that end before they meet the number plate.

Hi Turbopete.... Our 'baby' is a w211 210 (Thanks SAM)... with the extra leather sofa in the boot:D
Pre facelift - the rusty version (although it's been done!)
We just couldn't stretch to the 2000 model but we still love it to death already!

Still would love opinions on the warranty - thinking headgaskets and pumps and that sort of thing for the first year..for about £300.. if she behaves after that I will look after her myself.

Jim

Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Hi Turbopete.... Our 'baby' is a w211... with the extra leather sofa in the boot:D
Pre facelift - the rusty version (although it's been done!)
We just couldn't stretch to the 2000 model but we still love it to death already!

Still would love opinions on the warranty - thinking headgaskets and pumps and that sort of thing for the first year..for about £300.. if she behaves after that I will look after her myself.

Jim

Just to correct you Jim, you own a 210, not a 211!!

Top Bottom