Warranty Direct

eagletower

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 e class 350 coupe
Hi everyone

A friend of mine has a Range Rover and asked me about warrnty direct.Any reason he shouldn't extend the Range Rover warranty with Warranty direct rather than Land Rover themselves? Warranty Direct are charging £675 rather than the £1000 Land Rover are asking for.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I have a WD warranty on my car, but have so far (touch wood) not needed to claim. You hear good and bad stories - there are some positive comments in these forums.

Howver if the pukka LandRover warranty can be had for a grand (that seems low to me) than on something like a RangeRover the difference strikes me as too small and I think I'd be minded to go for the LR warranty. Assuming it's not limited in scope etc. Bear in mind it'll have to serviced by an authorised dealer.

One thing with WD is to apply for an online quote but then don't buy the policy. They'll call in a day or two and will do almost anything in terms of dropping the price and adding optional covers free. If you go for cover up to the franchised dealer labour rate then the car has to be dealer serviced.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It's a gamble and there are many many threads on the forum about it. For my money I get a quote then "self insure" and at the end of the period work out if I'd won or lost. So far on my 210, 211, Caravelle and 911 I've spent much much less on repairs than any warranty would cost. With the 211 I was close to buying a warranty as I'd had so much repaired whilst it was under warranty, I didn't though and whilst the inlet port shut-off motor failed whilst out of warranty I did some deals and the repair was £460 rather than much more.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom