WarrantyWise - Be Aware

flawless101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 2009
Hiya,

I just wanted to share with you details of WarantyWise used car warranties that you may not be aware of and what repercussions it may have for you.

I have their top 'All Electrical and Mechanical' parts warranty. Recently, I took my car in for one fault and my local MB dealer also told me about a second. The dealer sent in a claim for both. But to my horror, WarrantyWise only paid about half the claim even though both failures should have been covered. They only paid half because - in their small print - it states that they do not pay out for multiple failures if the failures are not related i.e. one happened as a consequence of the other. Also stated in the small print is that when multiple failures occur, they pay out an 'average' of parts and labour costs for all the failures.

What this basically means is that if your had an engine failures (say cost of repair was £5000) and an un-related electrical fault (say cost of £200) WarrantyWise will only pay out £2600 if you claimed for both - even though both are covered under their warranty. Whereas, if you just claimed for engine on its own, then you would get payment in full!

I guess the moral of this story is that if you have a WarrantyWise policy and have multiple failures then either stagger your claims (first one, then the other at a later date) or pay for the cheaper one your self and claim for the more expensive claim.

I have had my fingers burnt on this one, I just wanted to make sure no one else on this forum does :)

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
IMO they are one of the worst warranty companies we deal with.
I find the AA the best

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I agree with the OP, we have had so many tales on here about the and multiple faults. Often with the electrics in cars, 1 faulty part can take out another.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
IMO they are one of the worst warranty companies we deal with.
I find the AA the best

Found the same here, they say they will on pay I think it was £23 p/h, aa by far the better warranty co.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
All warranty companies are shysters. The fights I have had over the years with all sorts of companies trying to wriggle out of paying for items that clearly state coverage.

Its best to tuck money away specifically for your car and use it as and when you need to.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Is this the company that Quentin Wilson fronts ??

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Its best to tuck money away specifically for your car and use it as and when you need to.

I've always worked on that principal. Having a 'Shack' in Brittany I would typically travel there 3-5 times a year, and have done so for the past 25+ years.

I never had any breakdown cover. IIRC, back in the 90's, European cover was something like £75 - per trip. At those prices, if I had to take a 'hit' then although it would have involved a large sum, the odds were that it would still be a saving.

And never, within all that time, has anything gone amiss. - Famous last words.:p

However, due to my/our 'ageing' and cars becoming even more complicated, as of last year I have actually taken out Breakdown cover with Green Flag.

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Agree with steve@avantgarde. Open a bank account with overdraft facility and pay the premiums into the account. If nothing goes wrong you have the mony not the warrenty outfit

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
not had to purchase a warranty but managed to negotiate a 12 month Parts and labour including electrical from Warranty Wise into our deal for the wife's new car, It's going to go into the Indy for a full check over soon and I'll make sure that if anything is found we will not make the mistake of doing it all at once.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
All warranty companies are shysters.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised when Warranty Direct authorised both lower front arms to be replaced on my car due to wear on the bushes and one ball-joint. This was a month before coverage of such items expired as the car became 11yrs old.

They paid in full (I have excess and betterment waivers) and at full dealer labour rate.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Buy premium bonds, at least you keep your stake, the odds are long though.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Must say I was pleasantly surprised when Warranty Direct authorised both lower front arms to be replaced on my car due to wear on the bushes and one ball-joint. This was a month before coverage of such items expired as the car became 11yrs old.

They paid in full (I have excess and betterment waivers) and at full dealer labour rate.

You did well. I doth my cap to you sir.

Usually anything classed as wear and tear is a instant no no. Direct failure only applies. Or at least thats what they tell me over the phone.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)

Usually anything classed as wear and tear is a instant no no. Direct failure only applies. Or at least thats what they tell me over the phone.

+1, something has to physically break to get a claim accepted.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

That's not correct for Warranty Direct - they specifically cover wear and tear. In that way it's better than even MB's own extended warranty, although it no doubt has limitations in other areas.

Also, I didn't do anything - the dealer made the claim via the 1-Link system and WD authorised, apparantly with no hassle. I did also have a spring break a while ago and WD suggested to the dealer that it was probably corroded (in which case they won't pay) but the dealer said firmly that it wasn't.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom