Watch out everyone Night time speed cameras

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Within the space of a few years, those of us who replace our cars (with new) will only be able to go electric. Doubtless the do-gooders who want all motorists to be publicly flogged for daring to breathe will quickly start campaigning for the automatic features to include an optional speed control linked to the road limit then quite quickly (in the interests of what they will call "safety") they will be screaming to make it mandatory. Unfortunately that's a technical reality - i.e.: you won't be able to exceed the limit (although they'll soon find something else as a good reason to milk the motorist's pocket).

What a great, brave new world!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Wot happens if your 72 and don't pay? 3 meals and no heating bills for a while

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
We all are...;) the trauma we’re suffering after hearing about the reckless driving... we need some victim support classes to try to come to terms with it...:rolleyes:

I have only just read this and I am distraught, I think I have a clear case of

Remote Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
As Alistair says, I already have :oops:

There are four types of speed awareness course. You cannot sit the same one in 3 years but you can sit a different one.
For instance its a different course for motorway speeding than it is for a normal A road.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Doesn't the sentence given include the court's discretion? It must do because if you plead that you won't be able to work if they disqualify you (for your third conviction) and you need to in order to care for children etc, the beak can choose not to disqualify you and apply "concurrent" rules.
- I think.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Doesn't the sentence given include the court's discretion? It must do because if you plead that you won't be able to work if they disqualify you (for your third conviction) and you need to in order to care for children etc, the beak can choose not to disqualify you and apply "concurrent" rules.
- I think.
You do get the chance to air mitigating circumstances.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
No he wasnt ! There are plenty of folk who have not got a ban when the law says they should but the letter isnt always followed pal

Indeed there are. I suggest you look up the sentencing guidelines and also the guidelines on speed awareness courses. Travelling at 72 in a 40 is way outside the criteria for a speed awareness course. He may well avoid a ban but wouldnt have been offered a course at that level of speed.

It is possible to attend court and plead exceptional hardship in the event of a ban being likely, but this process does not happen if a speed awareness course is taken. Exceptional hardship is a card that can only be played once. The bar for being granted exceptional hardship is very high. Losing your job is not high enough!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I suppose we all need a special circumstances plea in our defence kitbag.

I am carefully crafting my ultimate snowflake plea.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom