Water Everywhere! Help!

Mercedes007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 slk320 v6
Hi, Please advise, passenger footwell is soaking wet!
It may be after all this rain weve had, but drove my '00 SLK 320 to work as normal and the blower fan would not switch off ! Took key out, fan still blowing - took to garage, new resistor.
But how can I get rid of the water I have taken out the mat to dry it and left a dry towel to soak up the remainder in the footwell, photos please so I can pin point the drain holes and how to fix the leak (if it is one) I dont fancy another garage trip if this is something I can do myself. Im a girl but dont let that put you off !

OP
M

Mercedes007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 slk320 v6
Thanks BrianBrian but am in Torquay :(

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
I think possibly Malcolm will be able to help with this, he seems to have a lot of drawings and details on most models of Mercedes.
Hope you get this sorted soon
There are a lot of good guys on here who I am sure will be able to advise you on this
Welcome to the Forum
Best regards
BAZZER1

OP
M

Mercedes007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 slk320 v6
Thanks for your urgent replies to my plight....not.:confused:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Thanks for your urgent replies to my plight....not.:confused:

Away don't be like that.... Honestly the folks with the intel will be along shortly.... It is the festive period after all ....

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Your best way forward would be to remove the seat and pull the carpet out to let it dry properly. Any electrical connectors that have water ingress can be cleaned and sprayed with cleaner afterwards. Also dropping the pollen filter out wouldn't be a bad idea as it is probably soggy as hell

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I was off air when all this started :( Has the drain been cleared in the heater box, if not it will fill with water and blow the reg pack again plus more water in the car

jonthetourist

Reaction score
Website
www.cypruspropertyvillas.com
Your Mercedes
1991 SL300-24
Away don't be like that.... Honestly the folks with the intel will be along shortly.... It is the festive period after all ....

To be fair to the OP, the last post had been November, so Xmas doesn't really explain the lack of response.

Although personally I don't think Honiton is too far to travel from Torquay to get tuition from an expert.

Jon

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
To be fair to the OP, the last post had been November, so Xmas doesn't really explain the lack of response.

Although personally I don't think Honiton is too far to travel from Torquay to get tuition from an expert.

Jon

Lol ..yes hasn't noticed that.... Maybe it should have been bumped earlier then by the poor lass?

Still..should be dry by now :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I would have seen it had I not had all the problems,,,I try and help on most water problems

Tju

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 OM642, A209 320, W220 OM648
I would have seen it had I not had all the problems,,,I try and help on most water problems

I can vouch for that Malcolm, fitted my new Water Pump today, with your help and guidance:)

Thanks,

Terry.

OP
M

Mercedes007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 slk320 v6
Sorry to be flippant but it wasnt the festive period when my question was posted. :(
I had toget the INDIE to fix it anyway in the end as couldnt wait anylongwr.
Thanks anyway to all.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to be flippant but it wasnt the festive period when my question was posted. :(
I had toget the INDIE to fix it anyway in the end as couldnt wait anylongwr.
Thanks anyway to all.

I have definite proof now that that if you just use the new post all the time to update thing can disappear from that list.

I did the new post yesterday and opened the first on noting that I wanted to respond to the second post. I answered the first post, and clicked on the new post again and the second one on the list was not there anymore, I clicked on the Quick links and todays post and there it was, so we do have a problem on the "new post" link.

Pleased you are sorted out OK and sorry it did not go well for you, but some of us do try very hard to answer what they can.

taxii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200, 1996, 2000
Please don't take it personally as some posts can get missed and the guys on here are really helpful. If you don't get a reply on your first attempt it's prob been missed so just repost or like the lads say just bump it so it appears in the new posts. I haven't been on here long myself but have found it to be a very friendly and helpful forum. I know for a fact television spends a great deal of time emailing guides to people and can always be counted on to provide helpful and friendly advice.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom