Water in the rear seat footwell -Roof water drain cover part number?

Pipemaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 R230 / 2006 / 3500
I have a 2006 SL350 and have had water ingress into mainly the passenger (left) side rear foot well. Opening the roof half way I used an airline to blow out the drains from the gulley near the c-pillar. On one side there is a metal plate with a self tapping screw fixing it in place. The end of the plate has a convex strap over a hole which site over the drain itself I assume to stop debris going into the hole and blocking it
On the other this was missing leaving hole (for the self tapper) and no cover for the drain which was blocked.
I would like to get a hold of a cover to replace the missing one does anyone know the part number or the right name for this pesky part?

Thanks in advance

Stay safe

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I have a 2006 SL350 and have had water ingress into mainly the passenger (left) side rear foot well. Opening the roof half way I used an airline to blow out the drains from the gulley near the c-pillar. On one side there is a metal plate with a self tapping screw fixing it in place. The end of the plate has a convex strap over a hole which site over the drain itself I assume to stop debris going into the hole and blocking it
On the other this was missing leaving hole (for the self tapper) and no cover for the drain which was blocked.
I would like to get a hold of a cover to replace the missing one does anyone know the part number or the right name for this pesky part?

Thanks in advance

Stay safe
I would have a trawl through 7Zap- Mercedes - it's a copy of the old MB EPC. Might take a while but you will find it eventually on there!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom