Water Leak in Footwell W124 300TE Wagon

L

les_garten

Hello,
It's the rainy season in South Florida and my 300TE wagon has a flood going on in the footwells. It looks like the tide is coming in if I hit the brakes! Does anyone have any suggestions where to look for this problem?

Les

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The drain holes in the air intake box will be blockedits a matter of removing the grill in front of the screen and clearing out the drain holes

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
There are two rubber hoses which run down from the outer edges (lower corners of the screen) of your air intake, these take a rather dog leg route to under the front wing above the tyre, they are prone to blocking with mouldy foliage at their lower ends and at the join between the top part of the drain and the rubber hose.
Similarly drains at the centre of the air box below the heater's intake get choked up, they exit above the transmission and if your arm is long flexible enough to reach them can be massaged to squeeze the muck out of their lower ends.

A flexible drain cleaning wire can be used to push the blockages out but take care not to pierce the hoses or dislodge them.

It may be worthwhile checking them annualy to prevent a re-occurance of the problem.

Pouring water into the drain entry points should indicate if they are blocked and require attention.

OP
L

les_garten

The drain holes in the air intake box will be blockedits a matter of removing the grill in front of the screen and clearing out the drain holes

There are two rubber hoses which run down from the outer edges (lower corners of the screen) of your air intake, these take a rather dog leg route to under the front wing above the tyre, they are prone to blocking with mouldy foliage at their lower ends and at the join between the top part of the drain and the rubber hose.
Similarly drains at the centre of the air box below the heater's intake get choked up, they exit above the transmission and if your arm is long flexible enough to reach them can be massaged to squeeze the muck out of their lower ends.

A flexible drain cleaning wire can be used to push the blockages out but take care not to pierce the hoses or dislodge them.

It may be worthwhile checking them annualy to prevent a re-occurance of the problem.

Pouring water into the drain entry points should indicate if they are blocked and require attention.

Thanx! I had to replace the Blower Motor not long ago. Is there something I may not have hooked up properly that may be causing this?

Les

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not really, if they have never been cleaned they fill with leaves etc,,,the strimmer cord is good and will not damage the rubber, but firm enough to clear them

OP
L

les_garten

Not really, if they have never been cleaned they fill with leaves etc,,,the strimmer cord is good and will not damage the rubber, but firm enough to clear them

Thanx! I've got compressed air as well. looks like a weekend project has krept in!

Les

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom