Water Leaking In CLK Convertible

pdennis30

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi could you possibly send me the instructions to stop roof leaking on Mercedes w209, the roof leaks above the drivers head by the window thanks in advance my email is pdennis986@yahoo.com

Walenut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Freelander 2
Hi Malcolm could you send me these as well please, all roof leak faults and I think there's one about cleaning the drainage channels?

I've tried to bring this up on my copy of WIS but all I get is no documents found although the title page is there (77-3150.01 water leak on convertible top, location & elimination).

My copy covers vehicles up to 2008 and is relative to my car am I doing something wrong, I can view the roof schematics and other documents?

sj-palmer@hottmail.co.uk (*hotmail single t*)

W209

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not have that much on the 209,,, yes I have a later WIS but little gets added to the older models, I will see what I can find

Arpi_d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK Convertable, 2004, 3.2
roof leak,

hi, i have the same problem with my car. when it raisn it leakes through the seals on passenger and driver side. is there any instructions someone can send me to sort this problem out>> thanks

S

Sootyblue

LEAKING ROOF

HI IF ANY ONE CAN SEND ME INSTRUCTIONS ON A LEAKING ROOF OF A CONVERTIBLE CLK 200 I WOULD BE A HAPPY MAN :p MY EMAIL reesalan11@aol.com

finn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk convertible 1999 230k
Dry seats, what luxury!

Hi everyone, I would just like to let you all know that my wife's formerly wet W208 is now bone dry. Her problem was a leak onto the front seats from the windows/roof. While checking the seals/rubbers, I noticed that the ones that run down the sides of the A-pillars were full of gunk. This gunk was only noticeable when I slid a plastic tyre lever (bike) into the flattened 'V' shaped channel and gently ran it down to the bottom of the pillar. I guess that these channels gradually back up with water which then finds it's way out at the top and onto the seats. I thoroughly cleaned the channels and the car has remained dry inside since. Thanks for all the various possible solutions posted by members, especially the excellent and seemingly tireless Malcolm.
Finn.

SINNER_NICK

Registered
Reaction score
Cabriolet Roof leak W209 CLK

Hi Malcolm

I have a W209 CLK Cabriolet and it has a slight leak where the roof meets the screen in the corners as others have stated.

I would be most grateful if you could please email me any information you may have so I may get it sorted.

Just incase it is the seals at fault, would anyone know if the roof and screen seals are available aftermarket or is it a main dealer only purchase?

Many thanks in advance.

I do not have that much on the 209,,, yes I have a later WIS but little gets added to the older models, I will see what I can find

Slchap

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 convertible
Leaking Roof

Hi,

Oh how I wish I had read the forum before buying my CLK - since day one (22/12/11) I've had a leak on the drivers side where the roof meets the frame, I took it back to the garage twice and they cleaned out the gutters and told me that this would rectify the problem but sadly it has not. I have since developed another leak in the same place on the passenger side and quite frankly it's driving me a bit mad :shock:

Can anyone help, I daren't take it to the Mercedes dealer as I'm sure they will charge me an extortionate amount to find and repair the problem.

So utterly disappointed. :(

If Malcolm is reading this I would very much appreciate any information you could give me with regards to possible causes and ways to fix them - I have a 2005 CLK 200 convertible and my email is sharonlisa@ntlworld.com

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent them,,,just too many post today ;):D

Slchap

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 200 convertible
In desperation I took my car to the garage to finally have the leaks sorted out -oh silly me, did I really think it would be so simple? £302 later and I still have water coming in from the exact same place as I did before the supposed repair. I do wonder why I didn't just take the cash out into my garden and set light to it. My car is due to go back to the garage again on Thursday so that they can "find out what the problem is", funny that because they already diagnosed the problem, or so they told me. I feel quite mental with it, I honestly don't think my car will ever be water tight. Any advise would be most welcome

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just got get round to copying off what there is on this,,, the trouble is it all takes so much time and searching, I hate letting people down, but its hard to do more than I am doing

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom