Water penetration in footwell - 3003L 1992 W129

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterG

Reaction score
During our recent tropical weather I have noticed my drivers footwell is pretty wet. I checked underneath and so no obvious hole although most of the underside is covered with panels. I also checked the door frame which is fine. The firewall on each side is dry so it is def coming from below. Any ideas guys.
Thanks Pete

OP
P

PeterG

Reaction score
Water penetration in footwell

Thanks Andy I will have a look when its pouring with rain again.
Pete

kes 300

Reaction score

i had the same problem the seals at the  top of the door pillars are leaking  ( dripping onto seats& floor) where the hardtop meets .as my drive is on a hill i parked it uphill  so that the rain did not run of the roof towards the windscreen this made a difference ,unfortunatley i found out  that the water in the footwell was due to a buggered heater matrix  

gtmoore

Reaction score

Just a thought and not really sure if it's the same on Mercs as I drive a BMW (I'm here for someone else!) but I had a 5 series that suffered a wet footwell and this was due to the drainage holes in the sunroof channel becoming blocked - this caused the water to backup and run inside the headlining, down a door pillar and into the footwell.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom