Water stain on drive

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I've noticed a few times over the last couple of weeks that whenever it's dry, that a water stain appears on the offside just in front of the rear wheel even when I haven't washed the car.
I was wondering where the water is coming from? Is there a drain there or there abouts perchance?
I can't see where it's coming from and it's definitely water.
Any ideas or suggestions peeps?

IMG_3912.JPG

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Humidity condensing in the early hours? if it's on your roof and glass it's probably everywhere else, place a clean tray underneath where it collects and pour into a clean glass jar to inspect for other than clean condensate.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
What Tony says .... cars frequently do the same when they drive off from our drive.

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Humidity condensing in the early hours? if it's on your roof and glass it's probably everywhere else, place a clean tray underneath where it collects and pour into a clean glass jar to inspect for other than clean condensate.

This sounds most promising, as the problem, now that I think about it, only started as it has gotten cooler overnight.
Thanks!

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Last time i had this the drain away hole was blocked with leaves,,, look for the drain tubes in the corners of the bulkhead like small inner tubes with a split in the bottom thats if they are the same idea now as the older cars .. Some exit water tubes are behind the inner wheel arch liner of the front wings .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Last time i had this the drain away hole was blocked with leaves,,, look for the drain tubes in the corners of the bulkhead like small inner tubes with a split in the bottom thats if they are the same idea now as the older cars .. Some exit water tubes are behind the inner wheel arch liner of the front wings .

I have just cleared mine with a piece of flexible plastic coated wire, no more problems with drainage :)

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Spot on Andy i think most have these reed type drain pipes that have a split in the bottom . Some members have cut them off so most of the rubbish falls out ..

Top Bottom