Welding Repair To Cracked Alloys

researchenjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI Sport / 2007
To all Londoners looking for a welding service for cracked alloys, courtesy of the frankly p!sspoor state of London's roads at the moment, I just wanted to flag up the brilliant services of First Aid Wheels in West Hampstead. Rear tyre on my W211 E320 CDI Sports was losing lots of pressure over Christmas. Took it to local tyre dealer today and they found hairline crack in the alloy, leaking air. Cue a desperate search on ebay, breakersyard and elsewhere for an original ten-spoke replacement - nothing doing as yet. Found an old thread on here that mentioned and raved about First Aid Wheels. I WhatsApped them a picture of crack and wheel, they confirmed they could do it. I was up there within the hour and despite being super busy, they managed to get the wheel welded - and straightened! - within two hours for £80+VAT. Not the best best solution I know, but will keep me going until proper replacement can be found. Bear these guys in mind if you're in a similar situation in the future. FirstAidWheels fawheels.co.uk / 020 7435 0941 / mobile: 07912 760163

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom