WELL DONE EURO CAR PARTS

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Well I must say I use mercedes of Taunton, the spares department have even delivered to my door if they have for got to post a part to me. Hope this helps

Have you tried ECP in Exeter,,they are very good and deliver too

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
What do ECP actually sell ? I tried their website for one part only (R230 boot struts) and they didn't sell them. Fortunately Malcolm came up trumps, otherwise it would have meant a trip to Mercedes.

I don't want a list of all 2 million items, obviously, but can anyone summarise their product lines in brief ? Sorry if this is obvious to some, but I am a new owner and feel a little lost on where to buy what.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Try GSF, there items are far better and last so much longer.......

OP
W

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I do not use them for everything. In fact I use mb for most things mb. On older cars, however, where customers run on a budget, ecp can provide a vast majority of parts. And most are more than adequate, if not just as good as the genuine article
It's not really for you though Mark. Your machine needs feeding with nutrition!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What do ECP actually sell ? I tried their website for one part only (R230 boot struts) and they didn't sell them. Fortunately Malcolm came up trumps, otherwise it would have meant a trip to Mercedes.

I don't want a list of all 2 million items, obviously, but can anyone summarise their product lines in brief ? Sorry if this is obvious to some, but I am a new owner and feel a little lost on where to buy what.

Not for body components, just chassis stuff and running gear

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Never even used them!!!

In Exeter they are next door to each other, so what one has not got the other may have, but for what I often need neither has it and they have to be ordered

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Used ECP a few times, every time it cost us, a air con compressor, we fitted three to a london customer, he had to keep coming to us, the pulleys just fell off, another customer asked us to fit a alternator from the said company, that lasted a month, i could keep going but i wont, for any cheaper parts we use GSF, it works right out the box and dont have to fit it twice!!!!

OP
W

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I obviously know much of them. Just never needed to try them out

OP
W

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Used ECP a few times, every time it cost us, a air con compressor, we fitted three to a london customer, he had to keep coming to us, the pulleys just fell off, another customer asked us to fit a alternator from the said company, that lasted a month, i could keep going but i wont, for any cheaper parts we use GSF, it works right out the box and dont have to fit it twice!!!!

Do you not have decent reman shops for alternators? Kms are excellent for ac stuff in my experience. I use them for most of it

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Yes we do, but when customers ask for us to use said companys, we "used" to use them, now days we get them refurbed, just find the said company use cheap rubbish, simple as that!!

Last edited:
OP
W

WG M-B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Maybe we get all the good stuff in harrow and wembley???

Factory seconds sent down south? ;);)

Ginno78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 E320 CDI V6
But surely if you buy things from them which are named they are not cheap copies?
IE .....Glow plugs I had from them are BERU which are what Merc use.....and a hell of a lot cheaper than what Merc wanted!!!
As long as you know what you are buying then you will not get cheap copies

drivemycar816

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E320
A good auto service is what my old and beloved car deserves. I'm definitely gonna check this one out.

Just thought id say that since our new ECP branch has opened in Central harrow, the service we have recieved has been exemplary.
All the staff have been exceptional with their knowledge, and the delivery response times have been spot on.

So to all the guys at ECP harrow thank you for the great service and long may it continue!!!!! :D

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I do not use them for everything. In fact I use mb for most things mb. On older cars, however, where customers run on a budget, ecp can provide a vast majority of parts. And most are more than adequate, if not just as good as the genuine article
It's not really for you though Mark. Your machine needs feeding with nutrition!!!!

Terry, I agree ! No problems so far, just dabbling around looking at alternative parts sources, like on the 993, you need to know where to find parts and not pay through the nose, but, as you say, they need to be Mercedes, or OEM, no cheapo copies on a 500hp 200mph car !

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
As I stated earlier..
I bought a MAF (Pierburg) for a total of £47 and its spot on with no errors..
I looks absolutely identical to the original..
The Textar brake discs are totally corrosion free after 21,000 miles.
I have nothing but but praise for ECP.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just out of curiosity. Would you rate the BMW higher than your merc as an all round machine???

Its very hard to call as the version I had was a manual gearbox.. I would say it was just as good as my C class dynamically, BUT...
What let the E46 BMW's down was the AWFUL stereo quality!!
The BMW forum I used to be on was full of people slagging off the sound system.. I ended up fitting a "Sony on top" amp that was hidden behind the glove box. That mod made it acceptable.

The 330D had a cracking engine..Just beautiful..

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 8

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

You dont get a "list of 2 million items" if you put your registration number in..
You just get a list iof the parts that are relevent to your car.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
No you don't, I tried. You have to search for a particular part, and then it tells you they don't have it. Brilliant. :shock:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom