television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am doing some work in the 140 while waiting for the thermostat hose.
With Lilian waking and getting up at between 2am and 4am 3 days running my brain has slowed down and I have locked my key in the car. fortunately the bonnet was open so now joined a headlamp bulb into the main fuse box to drain the battery. With luck if I join a charger up to the same point all windows will drop to the ½ down mode, it could take hours, just got to wait :(:(

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
With Lilian waking and getting up at between 2am and 4am 3 days running my brain has slowed down and I have locked my key in the car. fortunately the bonnet was open so now joined a headlamp bulb into the main fuse box to drain the battery. With luck if I join a charger up to the same point all windows will drop to the ½ down mode, it could take hours, just got to wait :(:(

that is a problem with the 140 that they don't tell you about Malcolm - with double glazing the brick just bounces off! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Even F1 world champions have spins.

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any 12 volt tools? Join them up also.

Baz

I can join up more bulbs,I just do not know what line I am using, I will check and see what fuse I am plugged into

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011

So how does this "windows drop when battery discharged" business wok, then? :confused:

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or a spare key? :rolleyes:

Yes I tried that one, log book,car,passport, birthmark and it can be ordered.

Interesting that they know me and the car but the order will not go through without all of the above.

The battery is down to 11.16 now so going down well, I just hope that all of the windows drop when joining up again, the way they do when a re set is done

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
Isn't this just the way of the world.When you actually want your battery to lose charge,it refuses to play ball.Where are we up(or down)to by now then?

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Isn't this just the way of the world.When you actually want your battery to lose charge,it refuses to play ball.Where are we up(or down)to by now then?

10.07volt 10 mins ago the last bit should quicker,,,I can see me out there all night for I must charge it again if the windows drop as I hope

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
10.07volt 10 mins ago the last bit should quicker,,,I can see me out there all night for I must charge it again if the windows drop as I hope

at least you'll have light to work to with an extra headlight under the bonnet - wonder if it can be seen from space ;);)

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
at least you'll have light to work to with an extra headlight under the bonnet - wonder if it can be seen from space ;);)

:D:D:D Well at least from my office window I can see the light, so maybe some good will come of me one day.

The snag is going to be when the battery is dead flat I will no longer see the light :(

On a good positive note I had a meter that had a sticky on/off switch, the bulb has melted the plastic case a little and the on/off now works as it should :D

davidsw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XKR ,Jaguar S-Type, Porsche Boxster S
well as David Essex said "evry cloud's got a silva liiiinin"
Good luck Malcolm

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So how does this "windows drop when battery discharged" business wok, then? :confused:

The windows do not drop with just the battery being flat, it when you join up again to 12volt that they drop ½ way so that they can be re memorised, well they do when its unlocked.

Down to 8 volt now, so drain disconnected till the morning for the final rundown

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I thought they only dropped Malc once the door was opened!!!!!!!!

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
my windows have only dropped the half inch after a battery change once I have operated the windows. I really hope this isnt the case for yours Malcolm

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Hate to say it, without the door pin making a contact, they won't drop......

Can tell you a easy way Malc to open her if you get stuck.........

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hate to say it, without the door pin making a contact, they won't drop......

Can tell you a easy way Malc to open her if you get stuck.........

if its that easy, I bet Malcolm will be cursing you for not coming online this morning lol

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom